Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Thinking of making the switch to XBMC - Bluray question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using Mediaportal for years since back when I got my first HTPC setup as it allowed for dead easy integration of an external player for BDs. Now that Arcsoft's TMT is dead I'm looking for other options before buying Power DVD and picking up where I left off. I've been searching the forum but can't find a direct answer to my questions. I have all my BDs/DVDs ripped to my NAS using AnyDVD HD and so should be full decrypted. All the movies are in their full file format as well, not ISOs. I've found posts saying that XBMC can play Blurays natively so long as they are decrypted but they mention playing ISOs, with no mention of playing the movie in full file format other than selecting the appropriate m2ts file from a browser. A lot of movies are spread over multiple m2ts files and the order sometimes isn't always intuitive so this is not a workable option. Also Mediaportal had a plugin called MovingPictures that would automatically scrape cover art and movie info and provide a nice 10 foot GUI for selecting a movie; does XBMC have an equivalent to this?

Thanks for any help,
Ryan
99% of my blu-ray collection i ripped are in blu-ray folder structure.
but then i remux them before ripping (main movie + HD Audio + the subs i want).
i never watch the extra's and don't need a menu either.
i don't need to choose which m2ts file i want to use to play i just press on the cover of the movie i want to watch and i'm good to go.

for the movie art you can use the movie scraper that does that for you,
i personally use universal movie scraper, but themoviedb scraper should do that also
Thanks for the reply... I'm a little confused though; you say you remuxed them BEFORE you ripped them? and kept the bluray file structure?
Ah sorry,
Put the words wrong.
You remove the protection with the program you prefer.
Then I use clownbd to choose the untouched video file, audio I prefer with the subs I prefer.
This way I can make a 40-50 GB blu-ray about 20-30 GB without losing any quality.
If you connect it strait to your tv without a reciever.
You even can make it smaller.
Because you don't need the HD audio.