Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBOX ONE Remote Slow Volume Control Solution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As you may or may not know. The volume rocker buttons on the XBOX ONE remote are painfully slow repeating.

I cant quite bring myself to put what was so close to a perfect remote in the trashcan.

If you are willing to accept a minor inconvenience we can speed it up to normal speeds by substituting the volume buttons.

Normally the volume up & down takes 24 seconds to go from top to bottom.

With this modification it will get you back to a normal 9 seconds top to bottom.

Because there is no reason for the menu & view buttons to repeat we will switch the menu & view keys for volume up & down keys.

For completeness I will include all three files to ensure it works correctly

/etc/lirc/lircd.conf

/home/kodi-username/.kodi/userdata/Lircmap.xml

/home/kodi-username/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml

BTW, for the doubters that the volume keys dont work correctly, switching these keys demonstrates perfectly (because it now works) that there is an issue.

Or maybe you just dont mind that it takes so long to change the volume?

Take it or leave it. Big Grin
Thanks! I'm using this remote on a Chromebox with the Flirc receiver. The volume buttons are indeed painfully slow, and Kodi also have so many volume steps. Is it possible to reduce the number of volume steps? My computer have 16 steps, and I think that's enough.