Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Shows in different languages are merged to one entry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello community,

I used XBMC on my Windows computer and set up NFO files for TV shows in a different language.
Which worked perfectly and showed up correctly in my library. For example:
- The Big Bang Theory
- The Big Bang Theory (EN)
(same names on the hard disk)

The first one is in my native language (German) and the 2nd obviously in English.
The English folder contains a NFO file and the german does not.

Now I switched from my Windows Computer to a Raspberrry Pi 2 + openELEC which is using the new Kodi version.
I scanned my whole library and now its showing up only "The Big Bang Theory (EN)" where both files (German and English) are together in this entry.

How can I prevent this? I want to have them separated in my library to identify the language of the files when I am selecting the TV show.

My NFO file (if needed):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<tvshow>
    <title>The Big Bang Theory (EN)</title>
    <url>http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=80379</url>
</tvshow>
Not positive, but I think if you create a full NFO file for the EN version without using the TVDB url you could setup a new source which uses the Local Info scraper. You should test this with a single show just to be sure it works.

I've seen a few other posts regarding this same behavior. Looks like there have been some changes to Helix that are causing problems with customized listings.
Right now it merges things based on TVDB ID, but in the future Kodi will be able to handle multiple versions like in your situation. For now, to separate them you have to manually edit NFO files, as wgstarks said.
I had the same problem with this new feature of 14.0 and accidently found recently this thread
217682 (thread)
I am not an author of this version of Kodi but I believe it may be useful for different versions of the same tv show
I fixed this by deleting the line <id></id> from the nfo file with the information from TVDB and then scanning again using local info only. The fact that the same show in different languages has always the same id seemed the issue, just making the titles different didn't help. Waiting for a definitive fix, I hope this helps instead.
I ran into the same issue and fixed it by manually creating a .nfo file ("tvshow.nfo") in the root dir of both TV show folders. The important part is to create an unique <id> tag inside the .nfo. I simply used the original id of the TV-show and added the language. This prevented Kodi to merge the two language versions of the TV-show. Both folder can be scraped by TheTVDB and will finally show up as separate TV-shows in the library view.

File "tvshow.nfo" for folder "Ren & Stimpy (EN)":
Code:
<tvshow>
    <title clear="true">The Ren and Stimpy Show</title>
    <showtitle clear="true">The Ren and Stimpy Show</showtitle>
    <id>76088_en</id>
</tvshow>
http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=76088&lid=7

File "tvshow.nfo" for folder "Ren & Stimpy (DE)":
Code:
<tvshow>
    <title clear="true">Die Ren und Stimpy Show</title>
    <showtitle clear="true">Die Ren und Stimpy Show</showtitle>
    <id>76088_de</id>
</tvshow>
http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=76088&lid=14
(2015-08-02, 03:44)Kadett_Stimpy Wrote: [ -> ]I ran into the same issue and fixed it by manually creating a .nfo file ("tvshow.nfo") in the root dir of both TV show folders. The important part is to create an unique <id> tag inside the .nfo. I simply used the original id of the TV-show and added the language. This prevented Kodi to merge the two language versions of the TV-show. Both folder can be scraped by TheTVDB and will finally show up as separate TV-shows in the library view.

This woks for me. Thank you very much
Hi @all,

thanks, I was searching for this Smile
I tried with one show and it worked.
Unfortunately it isn't working for other shows. Right now tested three and only for one works.

I don't want to hijack this thread, so may be can someone help me out on the other thread (Anime Listing Problem with different languages in separate files)?

Thankls in advance

EDIT: Solved! Not only the ID must be unique, also the Title must be another ... then it works like a charm Smile