Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Vob subtitle font
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I have quite a number of movies where each movie is a single VOB file with internal subtitles. The subtitles work in Kodi, but are a rather ugly font. Video/Subtitles settings are not effective.

Any suggestions as to what are my choices? I downloaded some external subtitles, but they are badly out of synch. I also noticed that internal subtitles in mkv files look nice in Kodi, so I could convert my Vob files to mkv (lot of work). Any other ideas?

cheers
I agree that from what I've seen vobsub (in the vob file itself or remuxed into mkv) don't look so good. My solution is to remux to mkv and then use a windows program, "subtitle edit" that reads the vobsub stream and does ocr into an SRT text file. It has some edit helps to clean up the ocr. Not super fast but overall I find it works well enough for the occasional conversion. Of course if you can find a sub file online that's timed to your version of the movie that's probably the best.

scott s.
I was hoping for some Kodi tweak or addon that would change the font, but it seems that there is only the hard way, as you describe.

Thanks.