Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proposal for small Forum Structure change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2015-03-02, 00:28)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]I keep seeing this now -

My thought on that would be less strain on the sql service when searching, but I have no idea.

I do have a question not related to the forum - I see you have 3 XBMC/Kodi icons in your start bar, is there a way I'm not seeing that's good to install Gotham/Helix/Isengard? The issue is the user data part, obviously the main application can go wherever.
(2015-03-02, 10:12)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]

My thought on that would be less strain on the sql service when searching, but I have no idea.

I do have a question not related to the forum - I see you have 3 XBMC/Kodi icons in your start bar, is there a way I'm not seeing that's good to install Gotham/Helix/Isengard? The issue is the user data part, obviously the main application can go wherever.

run them in portable mode
(2015-03-02, 10:14)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-02, 10:12)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]

http://i61.tinypic.com/2sbs51j.jpg

run them in portable mode

Such a simple solution, thank you.

*desktop screenshot*

This is probably caused by a changed default setting - we did a minor forum software upgrade yesterday in preperation for a larger update.
It's not easier on the SQL (as you can see you still get all 107 results back)
Oh, missed the 107 part.
@Hitcher: Actually I am not sure what I am supposed to see on that screenshot.
You are obviously looking at the last page of 107 search results. There being 7 results on this page means that the previous 5 pages each held 20 results.
That seems not overly weird to me. Are we missing something else?

ps. clean up your messages Smile
Just to be annoying, Kib. "Kodi related discussions" still requires some form of babble text underneath it. Well, it doesn't but it currently looks out of place and like a URL redirect.
(2015-03-02, 14:42)Kib Wrote: [ -> ]@Hitcher: Actually I am not sure what I am supposed to see on that screenshot.
You are obviously looking at the last page of 107 search results. There being 7 results on this page means that the previous 5 pages each held 20 results.

I think I found the problem. I managed to re-create it.

Click SEARCH at the top
Type 'Kodi' without ''
Go to page 3

You should see the problem.
(2015-03-02, 15:21)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]Just to be annoying, Kib. "Kodi related discussions" still requires some form of babble text underneath it. Well, it doesn't but it currently looks out of place and like a URL redirect.

I wrote something.
(2015-03-02, 15:23)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-02, 14:42)Kib Wrote: [ -> ]@Hitcher: Actually I am not sure what I am supposed to see on that screenshot.

I think I found the problem. I managed to re-create it.

Click SEARCH at the top
Type 'Kodi' without ''
Go to page 3

You should see the problem.

I don't. It likely doesn't happen for me or I am overlooking it.
Can you please describe the problem instead ?
Feel free to use diagrams, highlights and graphs - it is Monday and I'm feeling a bit dense today Smile
Sorry for not explaining.

I always use the 'View New Posts' link but never had that message bar before. It looks like I've got mod privileges if you look down the bottom - 'Inline Thread Moderation'.
You do have moderator on a few forums I believe. Hmm interesting

Edit: It also explains why I didn't see anything, I always get that bar so an used to it.
Since the changearound I noticed a small font error. In the main index page, the 'Last Post' of the General Support subforum has a larger font than the others.

First world problem really, but someone might like to know and fix it.

Piccy below.

(2015-03-02, 22:51)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Since the changearound I noticed a small font error. In the main index page, the 'Last Post' of the General Support subforum has a larger font than the others.

First world problem really, but someone might like to know and fix it.

Piccy below.

The same issue has been reported here, I wish I could see that, however. Maybe I need to get new glasses.
I'm 100% sure it is because that is not a forum but a category.

I am also 100% sure I will not be digging into the CSS / forum theme to see what I would need to change to get it right without changing all the other categories Tongue
Just not my cup of tea I am afraid.

We are preparing for a larger update to the forum software, which might involve switching themes or fixing many issues with this one. Again, I am not the one most involved with that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7