Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Shows / movies not marked as watched
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

When i watch a movie or tv show and stop playing i have no resume points, and when i finish a file it's never marked as watched.
Although when i stop playing , kodi always jump to main menu, despite coming back to movies or tvshows.

This happens only with hd files.

I'm using kodi with openelec 5.0.4 (latest)

Any idea ?
is it possiblle that kodi is crashing when you press stop? In that case it will automatically respawn and you're back at the home screen. It also won't save any file states.
Are you storing your library locally or on a MySQL server?
Are your HD files stored in the same folder as your SD files?
(2015-02-27, 19:09)Cypher64 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you storing your library locally or on a MySQL server?
Are your HD files stored in the same folder as your SD files?

So yes my library is locally stored, and yes i have the same folder for HD/SD files
(2015-02-27, 15:02)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]is it possiblle that kodi is crashing when you press stop? In that case it will automatically respawn and you're back at the home screen. It also won't save any file states.

Don't know how to be sure... But it's strange this issue is happening systematically since 5.01
(2015-02-27, 15:02)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]is it possiblle that kodi is crashing when you press stop? In that case it will automatically respawn and you're back at the home screen. It also won't save any file states.

You were right... it was crashing. I changed the adjustment of the refresh rate to off (otherwise i had a black screen for a few secs), and noticed that kodi was updating library on stop (update on startup is on...), conclusion, he was restarting.
I switched hardware acceleration to off, and now it's fine...

Now it seems there's an issue with hardware acceleration HuhBig Grin

Update: prefer VAAPI render method, is causing the trouble