Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this is the right subforum to post in but any help most welcome. Bought an android box about a year ago and never seem to of been able to get anything running properly on it. No matter what i clicked on i would either get script error or one or more items failed to play. Have just started using it again as i have been told this was down to me being in the UK and i need to get a DNS or VPN so thought i would try and get it working. Complete novice when it comes to this so any help would be so greatfull as i keep having to resort to shitty wiziwig streams to watch games on my laptop which is near enough impossible to tell whos who from the terrible quality.

Firstly, i notice people saying that they use Kodi on laptop/pc and about the different version updates (Gotham) etc. How do i check what version my box is running as i cant find anything at all clicking through all the settings, does it update automatically when a new version is out or does it give me a notification etc.

Secondly, my box is only a dual core, does this matter as i see a lot of people saying to only go for quad

If i was to get a VPN or DNS, how does it work? Eg. is it a one use thing in that if i do it on my laptop i cant do it on any other device or do i need to go in through my android box's browser and do it that way? Or is it more simple case of it just giving me a username and password that i could use on whatever android device i want? Eg if i have it on my android box at home but then decide to take my laptop to a relatives house i can just use it there using my details?

As said, complete and utter novice with this and after using it as a paper weight for the past year, any help on getting it working properly would be greatly apreciated
Sounds like the UK is blocking certain sites because of bootleg/pirate content, and those are the kinds of add-ons you are using. Please note that the Kodi project does not promote, discourage, or encourage any such add-ons or services, but we cannot help you with them per our forum rules (wiki).