Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Automatic change between sound sources?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im so close to the dream iv had for so many years with XBMC, now to my big suprize suddenly called KODI, going to take some time getting used to.

Well the dream is that i want my HTPC to boot Kodi and run Kodi only. Not needing to use programs in windows for running different applications that is not under Kodi.

What i now need is that i want the sound source to be on one where i will have surround etc, when im playing movies/tvshows.
But i want the sound source to change to my DAC when im playing music, like the Wimp plugin. So i can get the best quality sound when i play music.

But is this possible? There should be in my mind. I could go in and change each time manually but that is really not a good idea, especially if i have lets say a girl in the house, that dont know computer much. I see the scene where she calls me and ask how to change etc. It would be a nightmare, and i would get an evil eye for a week at least...

If this is possible i think i will make kodi boot straigth in never needing to look at windows ever again. (unless it crashes).