Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple screens, resolution problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I hope you can help with this maddening problem I'm having! Angry

I have KodiBuntu 14 installed and running fine... well almost.

Recently we moved to a new house and I decided to wire the place up to distribute our media just how I want it. I have a HDMI distribution matrix taking 3 inputs (Sky HD box 1, Sky HD box 2 and my KodiBuntu HTPC) - this sends around the house over HDMI over CAT6. The problem I have is I have an issue between 3 different screen around the house. It is actually connected to 5 screens, but 2 of them seem to work fine no matter what the resolution is.

The 3 screens (a Samsung, Philips and LG) all seem to differ as to what their ideal resolution is. Sometimes (as I can't see anything on the screen) the only way to get a picture is to perform a reboot. Often this doesn't work first time and I have to fiddle - in the dark, so to speak - to get it to a resolution they're all happy with.

I have had the best - but seemingly inconsistent - results by having all 3 screens on and restarting the computer. Once on, I have found that they will all work at (perhaps the most ideal) 1920x1080p (refresh 25). Obviously I don't have the 3 TV's on at the same time. Sometimes I can pass between the screens and it just works, but more often than not I'll get a message saying "Mode not supported" (or similar) and then I have to start fiddling again!

I have tried sending commands via the HTTP, something like:
http://192.168.1.100:8080/jsonrpc?reques...id%22:1%7D

But this doesn't always work, I guess because the ID's are often different or not present.

So my question (after all of that background!) is:
Does any body have any idea how I can set the resolution to never change and stay at 1920x1080p? That may not be what's happening, it could be something else all together, in which case I would appreciate some insight and advice. I'm not against running some script or command when I switch display to programmatically change the resolution which can be triggered by my remote. I just know what command to send!! ;-)

I hope I have explained the problem well enough. I also hope someone can help me come up with a plan.

Thanks very much.

Chris