Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC/KODI very "laggy" video playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I am brand new to this forum and also relatively new to XBMC.
So some one told me recently about how good xbmc is and that I should get it, so I did.
I downloaded it to my sons Samsung Galaxy tab 2 and was quite literally amazed by how good it was, how clear and smooth the picture was and that I could watch all premiere league matches (nbc sports live extra).
So I then took the next step and ordered an android tv box (2 to be precise). One of them is MX Pro Box Quad core and the other is M8 box quad core (the latter being the most expensive and apparently better).
But the results are completely different from what I get on the Samsung device, the video playback is very laggy if that is the right word? This happens literally every couple of seconds where the video looks like a sort of slow motion replay but the audio continues perfectly but makes it practically unwatchable!
I have read lots of different things on forums about how to resolve this but none of them have worked for me so was hoping one of you experts could help me.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks
Dan
I too am new to the forum and relatively new to XBMC/Kodi. I'm experiencing the same problem with an MX8 Quad core box. Friends who have the same box are not experiencing this. It tends to happen on link1 of any NBC Sports live
extra stream from USA but other streams in Russian and various other languages seem ok.
New here as well but I solved this problem by hard wiring my box directly to my router.

Maybe you've already tried this but if not I hope it helps!
Thanks for the tip but mine is already connected via Ethernet.
Ironically, friends who are not experiencing problems are connected via wi-if and not Ethernet.
The picture is crystal clear but it is very slow and the sound is intermittent.
I think I'll try connecting via wi-if to see if this helps...I'll post back with results.

Thanks.
Are you talking about banned add-ons?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons
Did not know they were banned...as I said, I'm new to all of this ....apologies!
Not sure whether this is banned or allowed but I'm sure I'll find out if it is.
If you are using Kodi 15.0 or 14.2 I was told they are both unstable. I was using both 15.0 then back to 14.2.
I was told to revert to XBMC 13.2.....problem solved, no mor slo-mo or sound issues

Good luck
sounds like broken firmware on the box. Kodi needs proper permissions to use hardware decoding