Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Launching chrome with openbox on kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My title sucks. I am trying to get chrome to launch in kiosk mode for plugins like the netflixbmc. Normally I run kodi straight on x in standalone mode. It woks fine until I try to start chrome. I tried about a dozen different way. Finally I change kodi so It now starts on openbox. This work fine. Kodi still starts in standalone and everything works just like before. And I can now launch chrome. However when I launch it using the openbox& method it opens in kiosk mode but it only take up about 2/3 of the screen starting in the top left corner. Kodi can still be seen under it. Chrome has focus and it works.

I tried stopping Kodi and making a chrome init script the same way kodi uses. Chrome still looks the same but the openbox desktop is using the whole screen. I stopped that and opened openbox alone. Then I opened chrome in windowed mode. That worked. When I tried to maximize the window it took the same space as before about 2/3. Unmaximized it could be anywhere in the screen and if I maximized it while it was in the lower part of the screen it filled the whole screen.

So, Can anyone shed any light on whats going on? Its almost like openbox it trying to run at 2 different resolutions at the same time.
I read somewhere (don't ask me to find it) that openbox isn't working for this anymore and that the recommendation was to use another light WM like blackbox or fluxbox.