Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stubborn Thumbnail/Content Scan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm running into an issue where I can't seem to force Kodi to update certain paths for thumbnail and content information. At certain times, I've seen the correct information for various tv shows and movies but I can't seem to force it to correct itself.

I'm using a MySQL backend and I've done a "Change Content" already, which cleared the library. Most of the library loaded but some shows which previously had episode and thumbnails no longer do, the show Top Gear is an example.

Is there a way to absolutely force a refresh of an entire library while still keeping the Watched state?

(This is on Raspberry Pi, both 1 and 2, and I've tried both Raspbmc and OpenElec, all running the same version of Kodi, 14.1, I think.)

Steve
(2015-03-02, 02:18)ste5150 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running into an issue where I can't seem to force Kodi to update certain paths for thumbnail and content information. At certain times, I've seen the correct information for various tv shows and movies but I can't seem to force it to correct itself.

I'm using a MySQL backend and I've done a "Change Content" already, which cleared the library. Most of the library loaded but some shows which previously had episode and thumbnails no longer do, the show Top Gear is an example.

If the thumbnails are remote (on the internet), there's no guarantee they'll still be there (or available elsewhere) when scraping a new library - that's why local artwork is recommended.

Otherwise you probably should explain the problem more clearly, and post in the General section as it's unlikely to be a Pi-specific issue (you increase the chances of receiving a useful reply by posting in the most relevant section of the forum).

(2015-03-02, 02:18)ste5150 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to absolutely force a refresh of an entire library while still keeping the Watched state?

Sure, use the WatchedList addon, or the script in my sig to backup then restore your watched statuses.