Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-12-01, 12:02)mrhyde1969 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-01, 08:17)gkf9 Wrote: [ -> ]What skins are people using with the NS TV?
Can't make my mind up which one to use, need one that can be customised and works well with this device.
I am using transparency. Very customizable .also use on my main HTPC. The sheild handles this flawlessly

Yeah I was using this skin a while back, then started using the MQ6 skin which is great but a little buggy, might go back to Transparency.
Has anyone got a copy of TVHeadend pvr client that works with Jarvis beta 2 on the Shield Tv? I can't find one anywhere atm but don't want to drop back to 15.2 as Jarvis is otherwise working brilliantly (colour banding notwithstanding as that isn't KODI's fault).[/align]
The one included on Android works just fine
(2015-12-01, 15:04)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]The one included on Android works just fine

I'm running TVHeadend 3.9 from the unstable repository, and whenever I try and connect the included plugin, I get two errors - first, a "Version Mismatch" error, saying that it needs minimum of 16. I then get a disconnect.

This is with the standard plugin that shipped with Jarvis beta 2 downloaded directly from here.

Not at home atm so can't get a debug log but I assumed that the shipped version wasn't ready for 16 hence the version mismatch - please correct me if I'm wrong here though (a bit new to the PVR stuff).
I'm running the same and it works.
tvheadend is running on my 16.0 OE install and my SHIELD and Phone both work
(2015-12-01, 15:31)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running the same and it works.
tvheadend is running on my 16.0 OE install and my SHIELD and Phone both work

Wierd! Do you have a password set?

Mine is running on Debian on my Pi2 and Kodi refuses to connect.

TVH Client on my phone, and TVHClient sideloaded onto my shield tv run fine. Kodi doesn't connect on either.
(2015-12-01, 09:40)gkf9 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if a MCE ir extender will work with the Nvidea?
The reason being I like the NS to go behind the tv out of the way.

Yes, this is my setup - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2026987
(2015-12-01, 11:15)Kropling Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-01, 11:01)PantsOnFire Wrote: [ -> ]The android version...
When you look at the Programs section in Kodi..
Your android apps should show up in there...

Yep, have found the apps there. But I am unable to link them to the main menu/home screen as I can with native Kodi add ons.

does this help? https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-add-and...omescreen/

or this:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Launch_Android_apps
(2015-12-01, 08:17)gkf9 Wrote: [ -> ]What skins are people using with the NS TV?
Can't make my mind up which one to use, need one that can be customised and works well with this device.

I am using BELLO skin on my Rpi2 and absolutely love it, so will also use it on my Nvidia Shield when i receive it.

Nvidia can handle a more robust skin, and BELLO is lightweight for Rpi etc. but I just like it so much I am gonna stick with it.
Arctic: Zephyr... great skin, and works well on RPi2 and Shield TV.
Not sure if this is a dumb question, but here goes.

I want my Shield to access files on a shared external drive that's connected to my PC. I have the Shield connected to my wireless network, but when I use ES File Explorer to connect to my PC it fails on entering my logon credentials. How do I go about connecting the two?
Assuming you've shared the folder(s) with your files on your PC, you should be able to access via ES File Explorer or via Kodi via SMB.
Ok, so I've decided to stick my Sheild on top of my X1 so don't need the ir extender now to work.

I'm using the old Harmony software and can only find the device as a game console in the data base. I set up an activity play movie, and also tried play game. Now the sheild turns on and off in these activities but won't navigate anything else.

If I come out of the activity and go into devices and select the Sheild everything works.

What am I missing, can anyone talk me through how to get everything working whilst in an activity?

Thanks in advance.
Set mine up last night to replace my aged Revo r3610 running XBMC Frodo

The Revo was perfect bar being underpowered for some higher bit rate material hence time for upgrade

I'm pleased that the Shield played the more demanding files smoothly but I now have a problem with aspect ratio:

Firstly I made sure that my TV settings were OK - so my Samsung TV is set to 'fill screen' in its picture settings and this fits the Kodi menu pixel perfect as proven in its calibration screen which indicates no adjustments needed.

So whilst the main interface is fine, some files which play full screen on the Revo (as they should) now have one of the two following problems:

1) There are small black bars top and bottom (they're narrow but enough to make the picture look slightly squashed)

or

2) The picture is a small box central in the screen with thick black bars around all 4 sides?!

The same files also play fine on my laptop.

Within the Kodi OSD I've tried changing between the aspect ratios which cures the problem for one but then causes a problem for the next. My Revo set-up didn't need me to tweak from file to file as they all played as they should.

Any clues guys?

EDIT: Decided to uninstall Kodi then reinstall - found the advance settings that let you turn off acceleration - problem appears to be solved (touch wood)
(2015-12-01, 17:12)mahockey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-01, 11:15)Kropling Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-01, 11:01)PantsOnFire Wrote: [ -> ]The android version...
When you look at the Programs section in Kodi..
Your android apps should show up in there...

Yep, have found the apps there. But I am unable to link them to the main menu/home screen as I can with native Kodi add ons.

does this help? https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-add-and...omescreen/

or this:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Launch_Android_apps

^^ what he said ^^

failing that, a last resort could be...

Go into Programs, context-menu click on your app of choice, select add to favourites.
Final step to add that app as a shortcut on the homescreen would depend on which skin you're using.

So you're basically... Adding an app to the favorites,. then adding a shortcut to that favourite (as a item on your homescreen).
Cheers
Big Grin