Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-12-02, 20:45)gkf9 Wrote: [ -> ]I turned off Media codec ( surface )
and Mediacodec under Acceleration in the Video settings.

Got rid of the bit of stutter I had.

and you will loose any benefit of what the shield can do
Well it plays my files better without, what gives?
(2015-12-02, 21:00)gkf9 Wrote: [ -> ]Well it plays my files better without, what gives?

Is it just turning of surface media codec that solves it for you or do you have to turn off both?
I turned both off, going to try add each one back and see what happens,there's no harm in giving it ago.
(2015-12-02, 21:15)gkf9 Wrote: [ -> ]I turned both off, going to try add each one back and see what happens,there's no harm in giving it ago.

Let me know. I'd be intrigued if it was the new surface stuff that caused it.
Have you give it ago?
(2015-12-02, 21:19)gkf9 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you give it ago?

Not yet but I can later on tonight.
(2015-12-01, 14:56)nikc0069 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone got a copy of TVHeadend pvr client that works with Jarvis beta 2 on the Shield Tv? I can't find one anywhere atm but don't want to drop back to 15.2 as Jarvis is otherwise working brilliantly (colour banding notwithstanding as that isn't KODI's fault).[/align]

Tvheadend 4.1-1117 an Jarvis Beta2 works great here.
(2015-12-02, 21:40)jaeyjaey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-01, 14:56)nikc0069 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone got a copy of TVHeadend pvr client that works with Jarvis beta 2 on the Shield Tv? I can't find one anywhere atm but don't want to drop back to 15.2 as Jarvis is otherwise working brilliantly (colour banding notwithstanding as that isn't KODI's fault).[/align]

Tvheadend 4.1-1117 an Jarvis Beta2 works great here.

Thanks though my setup seems to randomly fall over so leaving the live tv to my freesat box
Couple of questions related to the Shield (apologies if they have been answered, I could not find). I plan to connect the Shield TV to my TV through HDMI and was hoping to use USB audio to connect to my Sonos Play:5.
1. Is this possible - delivering video through HDMI and audio through USB?
2. Also, what is the best way to obtain 3.5mm output from the USB port?

Thanks a lot for any guidance.
Hi guys,

Just got my shield setup. I've got a QNAP NAS which also had XBMC running, so I've already had a similar setup ready.
I got that setup working with NFS, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why my Shield cannot browse folders via NFS.
It works with SMB though and I can play my files.

The permissions via my NAS are correct (since NFS works on another XBMC setup). Whenever I browse the network for folders, I can see my NAS' IP address. And then I can highlight my video folder, but I cannot select it. Adding it doesn't help and won't let me view any files.

The reason I'm trying to use NFS is because my bigger files have terrible audio stutter. The video is seconds ahead of the audio and at some point it just cuts away completely, bringing me back to the main menu. I'm hoping accessing my files via NFS solves this.

I'd really appreciate some help with this, if anyone knows what I'm talking about Smile
(2015-12-02, 22:46)Kashika Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

Just got my shield setup. I've got a QNAP NAS which also had XBMC running, so I've already had a similar setup ready.
I got that setup working with NFS, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why my Shield cannot browse folders via NFS.

The permissions via my NAS are correct (since NFS works on another XBMC setup). Whenever I browse the network for folders, I can see my NAS' IP address. And then I can highlight my video folder, but I cannot select it. Adding it doesn't help and won't let me view any files.

The reason I'm trying to use NFS is because my bigger files have terrible audio stutter. The video is seconds ahead of the audio and at some point it just cuts away completely, bringing me back to the main menu. I'm hoping accessing my files via NFS solves this.

I'd really appreciate some help with this, if anyone knows what I'm talking about Smile

I have had similar issues in the past. In my experience, instead of browsing for NFS shares, you may be better off manually typing the path in "Add Network Location". You can use the other Kodi installation to obtain the full path or better just copy the sources.xml file from the old installation.
(2015-12-02, 22:58)underworld123 Wrote: [ -> ]

I have had similar issues in the past. In my experience, instead of browsing for NFS shares, you may be better off manually typing the path in "Add Network Location". You can use the other Kodi installation to obtain the full path or better just copy the sources.xml file from the old installation.

Thanks for the tip. Just tried this, but I get the message "Remote share; Couldn't connect to network server".
It also warns me when trying to add it that it might not be able to sync properly because it cannot find the network drive.
(2015-12-02, 23:10)Kashika Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-02, 22:58)underworld123 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for the tip. Just tried this, but I get the message "Remote share; Couldn't connect to network server".
It also warns me when trying to add it that it might not be able to sync properly because it cannot find the network drive.

I just realized that your earlier installation was on the NAS itself, which can make it easier for NFS shares. Can you access the folder from other devices? I am wondering that your NFS shares may not be set correctly.
They might not be.

I've set permissions to the IP address of my Shield, then gave it full access and permissions for the folder (and all subfolders) I want to add.

Though I have to admit that I just installed a nightly APK and now everything runs smoothly. No more stuttering playback as of yet.
I have no idea why, because the only difference I can see is that the GUI is now rendered in 1080P instead of 2160P. Anybody know why the Android TV app just won't work properly?