Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-12-05, 00:46)Milster Wrote: [ -> ]Mine has just arrived today, I seem to be having problems casting (from my phone) while the shield is via ethernet although works perfectly over wifi. Anything obvious I'm missing. Thanks in advance.

Also, not seeing any option to stream games from my laptop?
Neither of those questions appear to relate to kodi.
(2015-12-05, 00:52)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-05, 00:46)Milster Wrote: [ -> ]Mine has just arrived today, I seem to be having problems casting (from my phone) while the shield is via ethernet although works perfectly over wifi. Anything obvious I'm missing. Thanks in advance.

Also, not seeing any option to stream games from my laptop?
Neither of those questions appear to relate to kodi.

Ha, yes, sorry, I forgot this was a Kodi forum
When we can expect jarvis on android tv? I mean official. What will be new in this version?
(2015-12-05, 12:49)Cob2 Wrote: [ -> ]When we can expect jarvis on android tv? I mean official. What will be new in this version?

Soon. Read http://kodi.tv
What is the best skin for shield? some produce failures on the shield.
Can anyone try this sports videos that I recorded yesterday from spanish live tv https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdtyaxhzxvg4q...g.zip?dl=0
If the hardware deinterlace quality is good I will purchase the shield instead of a chromebox thanks guys!!
(2015-12-05, 15:08)ufaneitor Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone try this sports videos that I recorded yesterday from spanish live tv https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdtyaxhzxvg4q...g.zip?dl=0
If the hardware deinterlace quality is good I will purchase the shield instead of a chromebox thanks guys!!

Yea would really like to know how this performs...please also keep me in the loop.
You need to specify which version of Kodi you want it tested on.
Kodi Isengard 15.2 final or Kodi Jarvis Beta3 ?
(2015-12-05, 16:19)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]You need to specify which version of Kodi you want it tested on.

Does it make a difference? Like has de-interlacing (or whatever the issue is) been tackled in a newer version?
I have one problem. I use jarvis. In video settings I have set up adapt to video frequency. And now sometimes when watching movies picture is getting oversized. What is going on? At begining it turns to for example 1080 p 24 hz and everything plays perfectly. But after while it gets oversized
(2015-12-05, 16:46)mahockey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-05, 16:19)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]You need to specify which version of Kodi you want it tested on.

Does it make a difference? Like has de-interlacing (or whatever the issue is) been tackled in a newer version?
Yes it does make a difference, see this post onwards:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2177093

You also need to look at the OSD Codec window to see if ff-mpeg Software decoding of the video is taking place because then the inferior software deinterlacing (Blend I think it is) is being used which is nowhere near as good as Hardware deinterlacing on the Chromebox or AMLogic S8XX/S9XX platforms.

As Koying has already said, a choice has to be made with the current Jarvis code. Software decoding of mpeg2 content so .vob files that are found on DVD ISO Rips playback smoothly using software decoding or Hardware Deinterlacing of mpeg2 SD broadcast TV.

I vote for Hardware deinterlacing of mpeg2 SD content for viewers of broadcast TV on various Android platforms. Don't care about mpeg2 playback in .vob containers at all.
(2015-12-05, 15:08)ufaneitor Wrote: [ -> ]If the hardware deinterlace quality is good I will purchase the shield instead of a chromebox thanks guys!!

Yes, those files will play flawlessly with hardware deinterlacing because they use the h264 codec. I'm watching now Canal+ Liga HD on the Shield and it's perfect Smile
(2015-12-05, 13:15)rafita Wrote: [ -> ]What is the best skin for shield? some produce failures on the shield.

If you are using 15.2 then Aeon MQ6 takes sone beating.
(2015-12-05, 19:32)Metallifux Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-05, 13:15)rafita Wrote: [ -> ]What is the best skin for shield? some produce failures on the shield.

If you are using 15.2 then Aeon MQ6 takes sone beating.

I'm back to using Transparency, I agree MQ6 is the dogs, but I'm now on Jarvis beta 3 so can't use it atm till it gets the public release to Jarvis.

I'm using "Arctic: Zephyr" cause I like it clean and stable. Using it with Jarvis Beta 2. No errors at all. Blush