Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-04-24, 22:00)qwer81 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-24, 21:41)TheMattS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-24, 20:51)qwer81 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys,

I have a problem with my Nvidia Shield TV and Kodi.

When I use plugin as Sportsdevil or Castaway, very often Kodi crashes.

Have you any suggestions?

Don't use bullshit addons...

Sent from my Nexus 6P

To watch live sports in streaming, which addons you advise me?

You need to read forum rules.

You'll not get any help here regarding those or any addon that's supports piracy.
Hello friends,

I currently have an old ION2 Zbox that I use as HTPC. It is very old and I believe it is time to replace it.

I want a box that supports the following features:
1) I will use Kodi for playback, since I have other Kodi boxes in my home (I use MySQL for sharing the library stored in my NAS).
2) HEVC 10 bits playback.
3) 4k support.
4) 5.1 audio passthrough.
5) Auto frame switch and resolution, etc.

My videos are stored in my NAS, which is connected to my router through Gigabit Ethernet.

I have found NVidia Shield TV very interesting.

Can you confirm that NVidia Shield support all those features?

If yes, which version of Kodi should I use in Nvidia Shield TV?

Thank you in advance.
I'm getting this error when starting/using Kodi 16.1 on my shield tv

"Extendedinfo script error"

Has anyone else seen this error and maybe there's a solutionHuh?
Change back to default skin
Is Kodi on Shield slower/faster than Chromebox with Openelec or is it pretty much similar? I know both can do HD bitstreaming and Live tv is not an issue.
(2016-04-26, 00:48)MrCrispy Wrote: [ -> ]Is Kodi on Shield slower/faster than Chromebox with Openelec or is it pretty much similar? I know both can do HD bitstreaming and Live tv is not an issue.

Probably similar I don't have a chromebox but the shield is much faster than my NL54. For live TV de-interlacing options are better on openelec/windows/linux.
Really tempted to purchase one of these, similar position to sebvalmontx360. I've read through a lot of threads but can't seem to find definitive answers. Does it support DTS-HD passthrough? I currently use a HTPC but it struggles when using X265 and does not support 4k so looking to upgrade.
(2016-04-26, 12:53)tredsaw Wrote: [ -> ]Really tempted to purchase one of these, similar position to sebvalmontx360. I've read through a lot of threads but can't seem to find definitive answers. Does it support DTS-HD passthrough? I currently use a HTPC but it struggles when using X265 and does not support 4k so looking to upgrade.

So friends, help us... you know the answers Jedis... lol
Yes It does if you use spmc
(2016-04-26, 19:25)Bjur Wrote: [ -> ]Yes It does if you use spmc

Thank you for the objective answer.

Just one more question. I have a Chromebox that I use openelec and I use MySQL to share my library.

Can I share my library (through MySQL) using Openelec in my Chromebox and SPMC in Nvidia Shield?

Of course I am refering to the same version on both (16, Jarvis).

Thank you in advance.
(2016-04-26, 19:49)sebvalmontx360 Wrote: [ -> ]

Just one more question. I have a Chromebox that I use openelec and I use MySQL to share my library.

Can I share my library (through MySQL) using Openelec in my Chromebox and SPMC in Nvidia Shield?

Thank you in advance.

Where is your media stored? On the Chromebox or a separate pc?

I don't use MySQL sharing but I don't see why it wouldn't work with SPMC as well.
(2016-04-26, 20:47)MrCrispy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-26, 19:49)sebvalmontx360 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you in advance.

Where is your media stored? On the Chromebox or a separate pc?

I don't use MySQL sharing but I don't see why it wouldn't work with SPMC as well.

It is stored in my NAS, a ReadyNAS 102.

My NAS is connected to my router through Gigabit. The Shield will be connected to the same router through gigabit and the Chromebox is connected to another router through gigabit. The routers are connected by cable, through gigabit also. One Kodi device is in my living room and the other one is in my bedroom, in the oposite direction of my home.
This setup should work without any problem.
I have more or less the same setup.

nVidia Shield running SPMC (latest version) connected to Yamaha 5.1 AVR, which connects to a Panasonic 4k TV.
Media is stored on Synology NAS. All connected via gigbat ethernet. Shared SQL Library to watch media on living room (Panasonic 4k), bedroom (raspberry) and office (windows pc running kodi).
5.1 passthrough, x264, HEVC, all running smoothly on all clients....
(2016-04-26, 22:18)m4k4veli Wrote: [ -> ]This setup should work without any problem.
I have more or less the same setup.

nVidia Shield running SPMC (latest version) connected to Yamaha 5.1 AVR, which connects to a Panasonic 4k TV.
Media is stored on Synology NAS. All connected via gigbat ethernet. Shared SQL Library to watch media on living room (Panasonic 4k), bedroom (raspberry) and office (windows pc running kodi).
5.1 passthrough, x264, HEVC, all running smoothly on all clients....

Thank you.

Indeed, it is very similar to the setup I am planning to do.

Now I have decided toward Shield.

Once again, thank you guys for the answers.
wrong post... sorry