Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-10-10, 13:10)timstephens24 Wrote: [ -> ]I've just been using Kodi beta 3, since I don't have any audio lip sync issues like I was having with SPMC.
I also tried kodi 17 beta after encountering audio sync issues in spmc.
Kodi 17 seems to be amazing. Very fast and HD audio passthrough.

sent from my mobile phone, i apologise for any spelling errors
(2016-10-09, 17:13)DrPepper Wrote: [ -> ]Quick question , now with the Release of Krypton beta 3 , also on the shield.

Which one is running better, or which one should we use , still SPMC oder Kodi 17 beta 3 ?

Thanks for the heads up

Kodi and SPMC have different signatures, so you can install both and run them side by side to see which one preforms better for you.
@Tinwarble,

that's what i'm doing right now to test .
Smb not work with Kodi 17 Beta 3. With Kodi 16 no problems.
Has anyone found the perfect AIRPLAY app to run on the shield so people cal fling photos and videos to the shield? Would love one that ran as a service - there are so many

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-10-10, 20:08)sjchmura Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone found the perfect AIRPLAY app to run on the shield so people cal fling photos and videos to the shield? Would love one that ran as a service - there are so many

Do you mean install on the Shield to receive or on a mobile device? The Shield has Google Cast, so any device/app that can cast will work. For iOS I use Photo Video Cast, and it worked so well I paid for the Plus features. I use it every few days, it works well - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photo-vi...44626?mt=8
Yes install on the shield as a reciever. Sure there are special apps - but my wife / in laws just know AirPlay.

I tried AirPlay light and a few others like air buddy. Seems to be good features for all of them but none do it all - mirror and HDMI CRC . Arg

Sent from my iPhone
Deinterlacing, refresh rate switching, fast forwarding and rewinding all seem to be working again in Krypton Beta 3... with the upcoming update Wink
(2016-10-14, 21:23)maxtherabbit Wrote: [ -> ]Deinterlacing, refresh rate switching, fast forwarding and rewinding all seem to be working again in Krypton Beta 3... with the upcoming update Wink
Christ I hope so, and I hope the update is out soon. I have two very odd shaped doorstops here waiting for it.
Just got my 16gb shield tv and mounted a 32gb 3.0 sandisk to use as internal storage. Every time i go into es file explorer, it unmounts the usb drive until I reboot. 1. Is there any fix for this?
2. If not, what is the next best file manager? I mainly use it to manage game roms.
3. Is there a way to quickly switch apps? If I'm in a browser and want to hop over to my file manager, is there a way to do that without going back to the homescreen?
4. If I ever have to increase my thumb drive, what is the procedure to move all the data to the new drive?
Es file is borked. Uninstall. Use xplore
(2016-10-15, 03:58)magister Wrote: [ -> ]Es file is borked. Uninstall. Use xplore

Thanks. Can it extract rar files and iso's? I'm using it now and can't figure out how to extract zip files.
Can anyone here recommend a good usb 3.0 thumb drive for the 16gb shield that is the best bang for the buck...
Anyone get to try the release candidate version yet.. If so what is new in the beta ver?
Two more questions:

1. I will want to replace my 32gb flash drive with a bigger one on my 16gb unit. How do I do that without losing data? The nvidia website instructions are vague and I am not sure if when installing and giving the option to use as internal storage, that it means in place of my existing attached flash drive or together with it? I only want to run one and don't want to lose the data on the other one.

2. How do I safely add/remove my keyboard dongle to it? If I do it with console it, it forces it to reboot.... Is that okay to hot swap it like that?