Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-11-22, 00:25)ozkhan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-21, 23:52)PantsOnFire Wrote: [ -> ]I think we'd have heard more if the shield 2 was due before Christmas.

You are probably right. I just think Christmas would have been perefect for release. Maybe end of Q1, '17 then!

If there's going to be any news on a new Shield it's most likely to come a CES 2017 (Jan.). Nvidia had released a "Topics" video which showed that one of the topics to be covered is the Shield.
I am going to buy a shield and want to watch amazon prime with it.

How do you look amazon prime with your shield, per app (sideloaded), per kodi inputstream, per browser?

Greetings Hoppel
(2016-11-22, 23:54)hoppel118 Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to buy a shield and want to watch amazon prime with it.

How do you look amazon prime with your shield, per app (sideloaded), per kodi inputstream, per browser?

Greetings Hoppel
I sideloaded the Sony Amazon apk and it does 1080p with 2.0 audio.

Dispatched from Mojo's Artisan Toast & Beard-Fluffing Emporium, Temescal Alley
(2016-11-23, 05:32)DrowningApe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-22, 23:54)hoppel118 Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to buy a shield and want to watch amazon prime with it.

Greetings Hoppel
I sideloaded the Sony Amazon apk and it does 1080p with 2.0 audio.

The new version can do 1080p with 5.1 DD+, but your connected device (TV or AVR) has to be able to decode DD+ or the app will crash.

Both the old an new version (US & EU) can be found here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...v-1-2016-/
Thanks, my avr should be able to decode DD+.

What would you do, if the functionality of the sideloaded app gets broken? Is it also possible to you use the amazon video services with a browser?

@Tinwarble Thanks for the link.

Greetings Hoppel
(2016-11-20, 23:09)PantsOnFire Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-15, 12:48)Nels5320 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-15, 09:52)PantsOnFire Wrote: [ -> ]Me the same, we'll have to be on this sh*t like a hawk!
Multiple Amazon tabs open!

Can you remember what price they were selling for last year?

I think it was about 80-100 iirc ! I should have bought one back then!

Alright mate, any sign of any Shield TV deals this morning?
I have to say, I've just had a look around and basically nowhere! Undecided if u see anything, let us know! I'll do the same.
(2016-11-25, 18:19)PantsOnFire Wrote: [ -> ]I have to say, I've just had a look around and basically nowhere! Undecided if u see anything, let us know! I'll do the same.

Yeah no luck here either. I was hoping to score the pro but as of last night it's going for $249 I believe at a Bestbuy but none available
There is a deal on Amazon France, if you buy an used Shield you get 20% off:
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/offer-listing/B...ition=used
A little off topic but when is shield supposed to get the android N update? Will it make The Kodi experience any better?
Hey guys, I bought an already used shield.

What is the best method to get some extra keys for my harmony remote with harmony hub?

Greetings Hoppel
(2016-11-27, 00:34)hoppel118 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I bought an already used shield.

What is the best method to get some extra keys for my harmony remote with harmony hub?

Greetings Hoppel

You add 2 devices to your activity, Shield and Windows PC, install the Keymap Editor add-on and use this to setup your Hub and Kodi.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/erx97tdbuzpt9g...).pdf?dl=0
(2016-11-27, 03:22)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-27, 00:34)hoppel118 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I bought an already used shield.

Greetings Hoppel

You add 2 devices to your activity, Shield and Windows PC, install the Keymap Editor add-on and use this to setup your Hub and Kodi.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/erx97tdbuzpt9g...).pdf?dl=0

@Tinwarble - I am aware that this isn't a Harmony forum, but I had a quick question: how do I install the keymap editor add-on to my harmony?

Also, another thing that has been bugging me for a while - I can't find a way to open specific apps (like Netflix, etc) using my harmony elite. Only option is to use a keymap editor to assign keys, but it ends up disabling the keyboard completely...
(2016-11-27, 05:55)the_jaguar Wrote: [ -> ]@Tinwarble - I am aware that this isn't a Harmony forum, but I had a quick question: how do I install the keymap editor add-on to my harmony?

Also, another thing that has been bugging me for a while - I can't find a way to open specific apps (like Netflix, etc) using my harmony elite. Only option is to use a keymap editor to assign keys, but it ends up disabling the keyboard completely...

You don't add Keymap Editor to your Harmony, it's a Kodi add-on that allows you to map the inputs for Kodi. http://addons.kodi.tv/show/script.keymap/

As for launching apps with a key press, you can't (at least not on an unrooted Shield and without making modifications).
(2016-11-27, 06:16)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-27, 05:55)the_jaguar Wrote: [ -> ]@Tinwarble - I am aware that this isn't a Harmony forum, but I had a quick question: how do I install the keymap editor add-on to my harmony?

You don't add Keymap Editor to your Harmony, it's a Kodi add-on that allows you to map the inputs for Kodi. http://addons.kodi.tv/show/script.keymap/

As for launching apps with a key press, you can't (at least not on an unrooted Shield and without making modifications).

Thanks much! Regarding launching apps on a rooted Shield, can you point me in the right direction?