Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-02, 09:40)xoding Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to manually update SPMC? because mine still not updating. I've try to sideload it, but the shield won't allow me to install it. My SPMC sometime just hang/freeze when i play 1080p x265 10bit video, i was hoping the update can fix this.

Just give it a day or so. Koying usually waits a day or two before uploading to the play store just in case a show stopping bug or two pops up after release.
Please Help. Just reposted since no one noticed. Anybody else have problems with mkvs/remuxes/untouched blurays with VC1 codec? Whenever I play movies with that codec, it stutters once in a while. Tried playing 2 different copies of The Dark Knight and both of them would stutter. Same with Gran Torino. I use SPMC btw. Any solutions to this? TIA
(2016-12-02, 23:57)xb24 Wrote: [ -> ]Please Help. Just reposted since no one noticed. Anybody else have problems with mkvs/remuxes/untouched blurays with VC1 codec? Whenever I play movies with that codec, it stutters once in a while. Tried playing 2 different copies of The Dark Knight and both of them would stutter. Same with Gran Torino. I use SPMC btw. Any solutions to this? TIA
How much is once in a while? Are you wired or WiFi?

I haven't watched the entire dark knight, but I always run about ten minutes of it as a litmus test for any media player I use. I did this recently without issue on my shield. I only keep full remixes on my server
^ Within the first part: Zooming in the building. Then while Joker's goons robbing the bank. There would be probably 1/2 second stutters scattered throughout. I have 2 copies of the Dark Knight. Both of them are untouched blurays. I play through my WD external hard drive. All mkvs with the VC1 codec has this micro-stutter.
(2016-12-03, 11:37)xb24 Wrote: [ -> ]^ Within the first part: Zooming in the building. Then while Joker's goons robbing the bank. There would be probably 1/2 second stutters scattered throughout. I have 2 copies of the Dark Knight. Both of them are untouched blurays. I play through my WD external hard drive. All mkvs with the VC1 codec has this micro-stutter.

Which program do you use to ripped them ?

No issues on my side.
(2016-12-03, 13:04)couto27 Wrote: [ -> ]Which program do you use to ripped them ?

No issues on my side.

Downloaded them. Both are untouched blurays. My downloaded remux MKVs with VC1 codec also stutter. No problems with AVC codec. What do you use to play them? SPMC? Kodi? and what Version? Thanks in advanceBig Grin
Did you go thu and set all the settings in spmc for the sheild
Help! Since today I don't have a sound in my kodi. It's not muted. In shield everything is working fine. I have deleted temporary files restarted box and nothing has helped. Any ideas?
(2016-12-03, 16:00)sandogo1 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you go thu and set all the settings in spmc for the sheild

Yes I did follow them. The only settings I can't change are these three since there are no other options are available for me.

OSD > Video Settings

deinterlace video = auto
These 3: ----> deinterlace method (SD/software accelerated) = yadif (2x)
----> deinterlace method (HD/hardware accelerated) = bob inverted
-----> video scaling method = lanczos3 - optimised
Hello guys,

my new shield tv arrived this week. Is it somehow possible to configure a local dns search domain. There is no option in the static network settings of the shield for the search domain. My router provides a search domain. At the moment it's not possible to ping the hostname without the local search domain behind the hostname.

Example:

hostname: omv
search domain: fritz.box

"ping omv" doesn't work
"ping omv.fritz.box" works fine

Pinging the ip address also works fine, but I need to ping the plain hostname without search domain behind the hostname.

I want to use "emby for kodi", but it changes the emby server ip address to the hostname (without the search domain at the end) automatically.

Anybody else here using emby for kodi with the shield?

Greetings Hoppel
Is this a good time to buy a nvidia shiel box? I mean, shouldn't be a new version coming?
(2016-12-03, 23:06)Dan50 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a good time to buy a nvidia shiel box? I mean, shouldn't be a new version coming?

It's as good of a time as any. Nobody knows if a new Shield coming or not, there is speculation that there might be due to a FCC filing, but that does not necessarily mean that there will be a new model.

At the earliest it would be announced at CES 2017 (in Jan), but even so there is no telling when a new model would be released. They could announce it in Jan. but not release it until June or July.
(2016-12-03, 15:43)xb24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-03, 13:04)couto27 Wrote: [ -> ]Which program do you use to ripped them ?

No issues on my side.

Downloaded them. Both are untouched blurays. My downloaded remux MKVs with VC1 codec also stutter. No problems with AVC codec. What do you use to play them? SPMC? Kodi? and what Version? Thanks in advanceBig Grin

Oh dear...they can be whatever the guy that uploaded them wants to be, who guarantee that they are untouched blu-rays ? who guarantee the files are fine ?
First of all, rip some bluray movies with MakeMKV, try it, and see if the behaviour remains.
(2016-12-03, 16:00)sandogo1 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you go thu and set all the settings in spmc for the sheild

Hi,
Just purchased a shield and I'm running SPMC. Would you mind telling me what the settings should be? Thanks.
(2016-12-05, 03:00)Nels5320 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Just purchased a shield and I'm running SPMC. Would you mind telling me what the settings should be? Thanks.

See this - https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki