Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-07, 18:07)Jdiesel Wrote: [ -> ]The rumored changes are pretty minor. I doubt anyone who already owns one will feel the need to upgrade.

Just read about it. Maybe I'll sell my sister my old one and buy the new one when it comes out.
(2016-12-07, 19:33)Tatts4Life Wrote: [ -> ]Just read about it. Maybe I'll sell my sister my old one and buy the new one when it comes out.

I almost read "I'll sell my sister to buy the new one..." Tongue
(2016-12-07, 19:33)Tatts4Life Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Jdiesel' pid='2472697' dateline='1481126820']

Just read about it. Maybe I'll sell my sister my old one and buy the new one when it comes out.

That's the way Devil
(2016-12-07, 19:35)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]I almost read "I'll sell my sister to buy the new one..." Tongue
Rofl
(2016-12-07, 19:35)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]I almost read "I'll sell my sister to buy the new one..." Tongue

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone else is seeing this behavior:

Last saturday I installed the new Plex for Kodi add-on using the weekly Krypton build. Shortly after using the plugin I started to see a blue outlined circle (appears at about 19 seconds in the video below) The circle is sometime transparent (as seen in the video) and sometimes it fills with seemingly random images and sometimes it is filled with an image that is on the screen at the time. Sometime the circle will 'flip' then display a number for a few seconds and then 'flip' again showing another image - this behavior is not demonstrated in the video.

Further, as demonstrated in the video, after closing kodi, the circle remains on the shield home screen. It seems to disappear on its own after about 30 minutes or a reboot obviously takes care of it as well.

So, since I had never seen this before using the plex for kodi add-on, I thought for sure it had something to do with the add-on. Posted about it in the plex forums and the dev there was quite certain the issue was not being caused by the plugin.

So, I thought I'd try add this add-on to spmc - as I have never seen this happening while using spmc. Lo and behold, as I am navigating the menus to install the add-on in spmc, the same thing happens. Thinking about it more, I don't think I've used kodi/spmc since updating the shield to 3.3 - so not sure if there is something there.

Further, I have two shields and this was originally only happening on one of them, but today it started happening on the other one as well.

One thing is for certain, it only happens while I am using kodi and it happens quite quickly after opening kodi.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on here. As,obviously, this is quite annoying.

Here is a paste-bin to the log file that was generated while the below video was being made:

http://pastebin.com/3jtchWWZ

Exaggeration the problem here - you have malware installed it called the ES File Explorer App, it has gotten it tentacles into everything.

Go to the Play Store, vote it 1/2 a star. Warn others as well. This is becoming so bad we see posts like yours daily now. It's painful and annoying to all users. I've even heard the App sends unknown data back to their servers.

Uninstall it and use X-Plore File Manager instead.
(2016-12-09, 03:28)foghat Wrote: [ -> ]Last saturday I installed the new Plex for Kodi add-on using the weekly Krypton build. Shortly after using the plugin I started to see a blue outlined circle (appears at about 19 seconds in the video below) The circle is sometime transparent (as seen in the video) and sometimes it fills with seemingly random images and sometimes it is filled with an image that is on the screen at the time. Sometime the circle will 'flip' then display a number for a few seconds and then 'flip' again showing another image - this behavior is not demonstrated in the video.

Nothing to do with Kodi. You see that app next to Kodi about 2 sec into your video (hint: ES File Explorer)? Uninstall it.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=297362

If you need a file explorer use either X-plore or Total Commander, DON'T use ES.
(2016-12-09, 03:39)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Exaggeration the problem here - you have malware installed it called the ES File Explorer App, it has gotten it tentacles into everything.

Go to the Play Store, vote it 1/2 a star. Warn others as well. This is becoming so bad we see posts like yours daily now. It's painful and annoying to all users. I've even heard the App sends unknown data back to their servers.

Uninstall it and use X-Plore File Manager instead.

(2016-12-09, 03:40)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-09, 03:28)foghat Wrote: [ -> ]Last saturday I installed the new Plex for Kodi add-on using the weekly Krypton build. Shortly after using the plugin I started to see a blue outlined circle (appears at about 19 seconds in the video below) The circle is sometime transparent (as seen in the video) and sometimes it fills with seemingly random images and sometimes it is filled with an image that is on the screen at the time. Sometime the circle will 'flip' then display a number for a few seconds and then 'flip' again showing another image - this behavior is not demonstrated in the video.

Nothing to do with Kodi. You see that app next to Kodi about 2 sec into your video (hint: ES File Explorer)? Uninstall it.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=297362

If you need a file explorer use either X-plore or Total Commander, DON'T use ES.

You guys, thank-you so much! As soon as I forced stopped ES file explorer the circle went away. App is now uninstalled and I cannot make the circle reappear and I will leave a 1 star review.

Thanks also for the x-plore recommendation.
thats the floating logger widget.
if you still want to use es, disable the floating logger widget in es file explorer settings
Does the shield still have a vol control? I know it did at some point and a few updates ago it stopped working on my air mouse I'm using not sure if the remote button mapping is off or they did away with it
It does have the volume control
I got it. It was a setting to make it variable output
Anyone else gonna treat hemselves to a SATV this Christmas? :-)
Wait until CES in early January for Shield 2 announcement.