Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
(2015-11-15, 22:15)mo123 Wrote: [ -> ]I just notice that the 'music' menu's 'library' and 'addons' options don't respond when you click on them, doesn't show your files or open the music addons.
The 'videos' menu work fine.

Hi mo123.

That's strange. It responds absolutely fine on my Android device running Kodi 15.2/Rapier 8.3.7. Is it the submenu you refer to?

Could you try checking with the Confluence skin if everything works as expected?

The whole thing (also your issue below) sounds like a bad guisettings.xml file. Try navigating to your userdata/ folder. Backup your guisettings.xml file and delete it afterwards. You will lose all skin settings doing this, but it will probably also help you solve your problems. Restart Kodi and let me know if it solved your problems.

You can backup all skin settings before deleting guisettings.xml by installing the script.toolbox add-on. After this, navigate to Skin Settings -> Skin Settings -> Export skin settings.

(2015-11-15, 22:15)mo123 Wrote: [ -> ]I also want to hide the top menu bar.
I set it to hide when idle in the skin settings but when I try to install an addon or configure an addon's settings the 'configure' and 'install' button is greyed out and I can't click it. Then I have to go into the skin's settings again and deselect hide top menu bar then the 'install' and configure' buttons get enabled again on the top menu bar when I try to install or configure an addon. Also the view modes on the top menu bar get disabled if hide top bar when idle is selected in the skin settings. I want the top menu bar kept hidden when I play a video and move my airmouse, only the bottom menu controls should show. But I want the top menu bar to work for installing addons and changing the view modes.

Have you enabled Kiosk Mode in the skin settings?

Like I wrote above, try backing up/deleting your guisettings.xml file and let me know how it turns out.

(2015-11-15, 22:15)mo123 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using 8.3.7 Rapier on Android Lollipop, Kodi 15.2.
Is there a newer version I can use like Rapier 9.0.0?
Here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=240100 it says it's for Kodi Jarvis but in the thread it mentions Kodi Isengard, which is it?

Rapier 8.x is for Kodi Isengard, 9.x is for Jarvis.

Thanks a lot for spotting the error. It's a case of copy/paste gone bad, which I have corrected now Smile

EDIT: I just spotted some minor errors in some music library paths which could lead to wrong music library and music files paths. The music add-ons paths are correct...
Hi

I installed a clean build of Kodi and Rapier Isengard master from github and the same issue.
The music menu doesn't work, just gives a black screen if I click music menu or any of the music menu's submenus.
Tested using Kodi 15.2 and Android.

If I install Rapier Isengard on my Windows 8 PC, the music menu works.
So it must be something with Android.

I also see if you make custom categories
eg. category 1, if you are on the left or right menu beside it, the text reads category 1 instead of the custom logo you set in the skin settings, but when the category 1 menu is focused then it correctly shows the correct custom text logo.
(2015-11-16, 20:40)mo123 Wrote: [ -> ]I installed a clean build of Kodi and Rapier Isengard master from github and the same issue.
The music menu doesn't work, just gives a black screen if I click music menu or any of the music menu's submenus.

Hi mo123.

Make sure you install the Isengard branch and not the master, which is for Jarvis.

I changed some paths to the music library for Android for the next update. Could you please try latest Github Isengard and get back to me if this solves the issues?

(2015-11-16, 20:40)mo123 Wrote: [ -> ]I also see if you make custom categories
eg. category 1, if you are on the left or right menu beside it, the text reads category 1 instead of the custom logo you set in the skin settings, but when the category 1 menu is focused then it correctly shows the correct custom text logo.

My guess is that you didn't enter a No Focus category image, and only supplied a Focus image in the skin settings?
(2015-11-16, 22:17)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-16, 20:40)mo123 Wrote: [ -> ]I installed a clean build of Kodi and Rapier Isengard master from github and the same issue.

Hi mo123.

Make sure you install the Isengard branch and not the master, which is for Jarvis.

I changed some paths to the music library for Android for the next update. Could you please try latest Github Isengard and get back to me if this solves the issues?

(2015-11-16, 20:40)mo123 Wrote: [ -> ]I also see if you make custom categories

My guess is that you didn't enter a No Focus category image, and only supplied a Focus image in the skin settings?

Focus/no focus image, yes I only had one selected.
Thanks for the tip.

It also looks like the music menu is now working.
Just have to rebuild all my custom settings again and see if it still works Smile

Do you perhaps know how to change or remove the Kodi text and icon at the top most menu on the left side(on the right side is the time)?
Is it something that can be changed in the skin or Kodi itself?
(2015-11-17, 08:17)mo123 Wrote: [ -> ]Focus/no focus image, yes I only had one selected.
Thanks for the tip.

It also looks like the music menu is now working.

Great that you got it all working.

Did the music menu items work after you installed the latest Isengard branch from Github? I just want to know if the changes I did fixed the issues.

(2015-11-17, 08:17)mo123 Wrote: [ -> ]Just have to rebuild all my custom settings again and see if it still works Smile

If you install the add-on script.toolbox, you can export/import all skin settings.

(2015-11-17, 08:17)mo123 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you perhaps know how to change or remove the Kodi text and icon at the top most menu on the left side(on the right side is the time)?
Is it something that can be changed in the skin or Kodi itself?

You can manually edit the skin xml files to replace the home screen Kodi logo.

Edit line 9, 52 and 53 of includes_Home.xml in Isengard.

Just remember that all custom xml edits are overwritten each time the skin updates. And I strongly encourage to keep the skin updated at all times. Especially the next update to come is pretty important and big.

Cheers
Gade
Hi

Please help.

I only get a black screen after video playback finishes or when I stop a video with Rapier skin.
I'm using the latest version from Github for Isengard Kodi 15.2 Android.
I even tried with a clean build of Kodi, same problem.
Then I have to minimize and force close Kodi.

I have auto refresh rate switching enabled in Kodi.
When I change to Confluence default skin, after video playback stopped, it switches back to original resolution and back to Kodi homescreen eg. Videos category correctly.

Here is a pastebin log of Kodi
http://pastebin.com/5qiRuAPu
Hi mo123.

Often there is an issue with textures when using the version from Github. In that version all textures are uncompressed and themes are in seperate folders.

Try using the official version of Rapier from the Kodi add-on repository, or the development version from my own repo. Those two versions should work.

Please let me know if that solves the issues. I will push the music library path fixes for Android to my development versions later tonight.
Great skin, thanks,

One question is there a way to rotate the fanart use extrafanart when browsing through your music / video tabs with info list 2 for music and 3D wrap for video's.

I should explain a bit more, not the artwork behind all the series / movie details the one that uses the current fanart.jpg you have in the dir of the movie or TV. Screens have a red box to show you what I'm meaning.

Thanks
Hi zorg2000k.

Thanks a lot for the detailed description Smile

That's a great idea. I'll definately implement it and it will already be available in the next update.

Currently extrafanart is not supported in the music library. But it's on my to-do-list, so I'll get it done when I have the time.

Cheers
Gade
Hello Gade. First of all thanks for this beautiful skin. I have a question. When I go to my movies library in the homescreen it takes about 15 seconds before I see my movies. When I go back to my homescreen and then go to my movies library its ok. When I go to my Tv shows library the same problem. Now, every time I switch between movies and tv shows this problem shows up over and over again. Do you or someone else recognize this problem? I have a raspberry pi 2.
(2015-12-02, 01:01)Jozef001 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Gade. First of all thanks for this beautiful skin. I have a question. When I go to my movies library in the homescreen it takes about 15 seconds before I see my movies. When I go back to my homescreen and then go to my movies library its ok. When I go to my Tv shows library the same problem. Now, every time I switch between movies and tv shows this problem shows up over and over again. Do you or someone else recognize this problem? I have a raspberry pi 2.

Hi Jozef001.

Thanks a bunch for the kind words Smile

I bet it's the Raspberry Pi 2 not quite being powerful enough. I have one too and sometimes it stalls a bit going from the home screen to the libraries - although it never takes 15 seconds.

Rapier is not one of the most power-hungry skins and runs smoothly on most devices, but it's definately not light weight either Smile

Do you have a lot of add-ons installed that runs in the background?
I don't know really. But I'm thinking of burning a fresh install on my SD card. I'm using the Kaosbox image with openelec 6.0.0. I will check if it works better after the new install..
What are the view numbers for this skin. I'm trying to default the wall view in a few addons. It's defaulting icon and I can't seem to figure out what number is for the wall view. I've tried so many! I found a list for view numbers for other skins but not this one. It for addons with the auto view option and you can set a number the corresponds with a certain view. But they are diffent for each skin. I really like this skin and want to keep using it but this is driving me nuts lol
(2015-12-02, 11:52)Jozef001 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know really. But I'm thinking of burning a fresh install on my SD card. I'm using the Kaosbox image with openelec 6.0.0. I will check if it works better after the new install..

That sounds like a good idea. I also try to keep the install as simple as possible Smile

I just installed using the official RPi 2 file here: http://openelec.tv/get-openelec

And installed using this guide: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/HOW-TO...Disk_Image
(2015-12-02, 17:12)lscheres Wrote: [ -> ]What are the view numbers for this skin. I'm trying to default the wall view in a few addons. It's defaulting icon and I can't seem to figure out what number is for the wall view. I've tried so many! I found a list for view numbers for other skins but not this one. It for addons with the auto view option and you can set a number the corresponds with a certain view. But they are diffent for each skin. I really like this skin and want to keep using it but this is driving me nuts lol

Hi lscheres.

Yeah, that's a problem that some addons try to force views upon skins.

The Wall View has these ID's:

Movies: 69
Tv shows: 586
Music: 70

Let me know if there's anything else you need to know Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23