Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Controlling Gamestreamed Kodi from Shield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Koying, I think we've talked about this in the past, and I've already forgotten how we fixed it, or if there was a fix. But if I attempt to launch Kodi from my PC using Gamestream on the NVIDIA Shield, the controller doesn't work, so I have to use either touch controls or plug in a bluetooth mouse or keyboard. Got any ideas for solving this?
Mmm... Could you clarify the flow? It's not clear what you are controlling from where Wink
Is it about controlling your PC Kodi, which is streamed on your shield, via the game controller?

[EDIT] Wasn't renaming joystick.xml.sample on the PC to joystick.xml the solution?
Yup, that's the flow. And I think renaming sounds right. Must have lost the xml on some update. I think I'm gonna email our contact and see about getting Kodi registered to show up as a streamable app for Gamestream, and to show up as a media app on the Shield Hub software.
As a reminder, we had to rename joystick.xml because of false joystick positive on the Windows/Linux side (touchpads, iirc).
If this root cause is solved, we can put back joystick.xml and have an out-of-the-box solution.