Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Correct ID3 tag for albums with 1+ CDs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I am struggeling with Kodi 14 on my fresh OpenELEC setup.
What is the correct ID3 tag for the "disc number" field, when I have >1 CD in an album.

Since decades, I enter "1/2" (=disc one of two) and "2/2" for my double CDs.
But Kodi 14 does not show me the tracks in the correct order. Instead, I see track1 twice, followed by two track2 entries.

I think this is a bug, because:
1) Rhythmbox displays the tracks as expected
2) I did a test with "1" and "2" in the fields, but still received the wrong display order.

On the harddisk, things look like this:
-- disc 1 and disc 2 mp3 files are all in the same folder
-- disc 1 files are numbered prefixed with 101, 102, 103, ..., and disc3 files start with 201, 202, 203, ...

The Wiki page tells me that the tag exists, but nothing about the format.
Can someone please shed some light onto this?

Thanks & Regards,
Marcus
Is there noone arround with the same issue?
-- What is the appropriate ID3 tag for albums with more than one CD to get the correct order of tracks?
(2015-03-06, 22:23)marcuszurhorst Wrote: [ -> ]On the harddisk, things look like this:
-- disc 1 and disc 2 mp3 files are all in the same folder
-- disc 1 files are numbered prefixed with 101, 102, 103, ..., and disc3 files start with 201, 202, 203, ...
For multi disc albums:
Tag discs with discnumber tag. use 1 and 2 not 1/2 and 2/2
Tag tracks with tracknumber tag. use 1, 2, 3... for disc 1 and 1, 2, 3... for disc 2 or more. (not 101, 201 etc.)
Scan into library.
Sort the tracklist by tracks and they'll be ordered by disc then track. e.g. disc 1: tracks 1, 2, 3... then disc 2: tracks 1, 2, 3...
Sweet album playback prevails.