Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trakt.tv v3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Awesome work Razze! Truly appreciate everything you have done. Smile

I do have a question for anyone. Is there a way to keep all my tv shows in my watchlist? They keep disappearing off my watchlist and showing up in my collection. I'd prefer to just have them all in 1 spot. Wasn't sure if Trakt does this automatically, or if there is something I can change in the addon. I turned off both "Add new TV episodes to Trakt collection" and "Remove deleted TV episodes from Trakt collection" (not really sure what either do...) but I'm still having series disappear from my watchlist. Any advice?
this app makes things a lots easier for me.. thanks man.
(2015-03-11, 02:11)NathanCS Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome work Razze! Truly appreciate everything you have done. Smile

I do have a question for anyone. Is there a way to keep all my tv shows in my watchlist? They keep disappearing off my watchlist and showing up in my collection. I'd prefer to just have them all in 1 spot. Wasn't sure if Trakt does this automatically, or if there is something I can change in the addon. I turned off both "Add new TV episodes to Trakt collection" and "Remove deleted TV episodes from Trakt collection" (not really sure what either do...) but I'm still having series disappear from my watchlist. Any advice?

Trakt automatically removes Movies you've seen from your watchlist. Read somewhere that this is also working for shows, but I think it removes the whole show if you have seen the first episode.

The setting you mentioned will add all movies / episodes that are scrapped in kodi to your trakt collection.
The remove parts removes shows / movies from trakt you no longer have in Kodi
(2015-03-11, 02:22)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]Trakt automatically removes Movies you've seen from your watchlist. Read somewhere that this is also working for shows, but I think it removes the whole show if you have seen the first episode.

The setting you mentioned will add all movies / episodes that are scrapped in kodi to your trakt collection.
The remove parts removes shows / movies from trakt you no longer have in Kodi

Thanks for the quick reply, you are amazing. Hmmmm, I guess I can leave the first option checked then. I was just afraid that was removing it from my watchlist. Going to leave the 2nd option off though since I am running this on 4 different boxes. Just easier to do things manually. Anyway, thanks for the info and quick reply! Big Grin
(2015-03-10, 18:06)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-10, 17:38)Hi8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-08, 12:48)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]The heart you've selected is still bigger than all others.
You can also read the rating your giving right below this, don't know how you would not be able to tell what your rating.

I'm running Kodi on a Amazon Fire TV == ever since the update I can't seem to set the rating with my remote -- the only button that works is the 'back' or the same as 'esc' which I have no idea what it did do for TrakT -- ratingHuh

plus I can't see the Hearts rating either ... Please put it back -- I don't want to have to get my mouse/trackpad out everytime I want to rate a movie or show.

Thats caused by the old settings.xml had another user confirm it was working again when he removed it and restarted Kodi, as suggested in the first post in this topic.
Might also want to check here: https://github.com/Razzeee/script.trakt/issues/159

that fixed it for me... just deleting the settings.xml file.
Hi, getting the following error when trying to run on Kodi.

Code:
21:23:36 T:2880836640 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: cannot import name Trakt
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.trakt/default.py", line 6, in <module>
from service import traktService
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.trakt/service.py", line 7, in <module>
from traktapi import traktAPI
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.trakt/traktapi.py", line 5, in <module>
from trakt import Trakt, ClientError, ServerError
ImportError: cannot import name Trakt
-->End of Python script error report<--

osmc@osmc:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages$ ls -ltra
total 48
drwxrwsr-x 4 root staff 4096 Jan 1 1970 ..
drwxr-sr-x 3 root staff 4096 Mar 6 20:52 dateutil
drwxr-sr-x 2 root staff 4096 Mar 6 20:52 python_dateutil-2.4.1.dist-info
drwxr-sr-x 2 root staff 4096 Mar 6 20:55 trakt
drwxr-sr-x 2 root staff 4096 Mar 6 20:55 trakt-2.0.0.egg-info
drwxr-sr-x 3 root staff 4096 Mar 6 20:55 requests_oauthlib
drwxr-sr-x 2 root staff 4096 Mar 6 20:55 requests_oauthlib-0.4.2.dist-info
drwxr-sr-x 4 root staff 4096 Mar 6 20:55 oauthlib
drwxr-sr-x 2 root staff 4096 Mar 6 20:55 oauthlib-0.7.2.egg-info
drwxr-sr-x 4 root staff 4096 Mar 6 21:09 trakt-2.0.0-py2.7.egg
drwxrwsr-x 11 root staff 4096 Mar 6 21:09 .
-rw-r--r-- 1 root staff 242 Mar 6 21:09 easy-install.pth
Hello,

I'm rather new to the Trakt website and this add-on so my question may be stupid Tongue

When i read what this add-on can do it says "-- Keep watched statuses synced between XBMC and Trakt" does this mean if i mark a movie or TV show as watched on the website, that when i open Kodi (ATV2) , the episode or movie is marked as watched aswell or does Kodi only send that data to Trakt and not the way around?

The reason i ask this is because i'm planning on getting a second Kodi player and want sync my wachted media as easy as possible.

Thanks for the reply!
(2015-03-12, 09:44)limpep Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, getting the following error when trying to run on Kodi.

Code:
21:23:36 T:2880836640 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: cannot import name Trakt
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.trakt/default.py", line 6, in <module>
from service import traktService
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.trakt/service.py", line 7, in <module>
from traktapi import traktAPI
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.trakt/traktapi.py", line 5, in <module>
from trakt import Trakt, ClientError, ServerError
ImportError: cannot import name Trakt
-->End of Python script error report<--

osmc@osmc:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages$ ls -ltra
total 48
drwxrwsr-x 4 root staff 4096 Jan 1 1970 ..
drwxr-sr-x 3 root staff 4096 Mar 6 20:52 dateutil
drwxr-sr-x 2 root staff 4096 Mar 6 20:52 python_dateutil-2.4.1.dist-info
drwxr-sr-x 2 root staff 4096 Mar 6 20:55 trakt
drwxr-sr-x 2 root staff 4096 Mar 6 20:55 trakt-2.0.0.egg-info
drwxr-sr-x 3 root staff 4096 Mar 6 20:55 requests_oauthlib
drwxr-sr-x 2 root staff 4096 Mar 6 20:55 requests_oauthlib-0.4.2.dist-info
drwxr-sr-x 4 root staff 4096 Mar 6 20:55 oauthlib
drwxr-sr-x 2 root staff 4096 Mar 6 20:55 oauthlib-0.7.2.egg-info
drwxr-sr-x 4 root staff 4096 Mar 6 21:09 trakt-2.0.0-py2.7.egg
drwxrwsr-x 11 root staff 4096 Mar 6 21:09 .
-rw-r--r-- 1 root staff 242 Mar 6 21:09 easy-install.pth

Please instal it via the Kodi repository. You may have to do a "force refresh" first (http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_manager#Force_refresh)
Deinstall it before you try.

(2015-03-12, 09:48)Eikelman Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I'm rather new to the Trakt website and this add-on so my question may be stupid Tongue

When i read what this add-on can do it says "-- Keep watched statuses synced between XBMC and Trakt" does this mean if i mark a movie or TV show as watched on the website, that when i open Kodi (ATV2) , the episode or movie is marked as watched aswell or does Kodi only send that data to Trakt and not the way around?

The reason i ask this is because i'm planning on getting a second Kodi player and want sync my wachted media as easy as possible.

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, thats what it means. You will have to activate it in the sync settings, but it should be pretty obvious when you see that frontend. (otherwise we did'nt do our job very well - so let me know)
(2015-03-12, 10:21)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]Please instal it via the Kodi repository. You may have to do a "force refresh" first (http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_manager#Force_refresh)

I installed by following the instructions on the git page https://github.com/trakt/script.trakt by cloning the project. So what would be the difference in doing it through the repo?
(2015-03-12, 15:34)limpep Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-12, 10:21)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]Please instal it via the Kodi repository. You may have to do a "force refresh" first (http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_manager#Force_refresh)

I installed by following the instructions on the git page https://github.com/trakt/script.trakt by cloning the project. So what would be the difference in doing it through the repo?

The repo will resolve all dependencies needed. So you won't do any manual work to get these running.
I was reading the previous thread daily waiting for a release, then I went on holiday to Berlin last week and when I came back yesterday the new addon had been released! I've restarted my Kodi box, watched a show, rated it and the new addon worked flawlessly! Thanks @Razze!
dont post much but i do want to say thank you for the updated trakt!
i missed it alot and you are very nice to put this back together and getting back to par.
once again, thank you!
Hello,

Kinda new to this:

Just did a clean install of Kodi 14.1

Installed trakt.tv 3,0 from the Kodi repo..

No syncing or rating on playback exit.

Please help - pulling my hair out

Thanks,

Ps: not sure on how to get the log for this

Edit:

Never mind.. Must of been something server end.. Huh
(2015-03-12, 10:21)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, thats what it means. You will have to activate it in the sync settings, but it should be pretty obvious when you see that frontend. (otherwise we did'nt do our job very well - so let me know)

Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately it won't work for me. I marked a episode on the Trakt website, ran a library update in Kodi but it won't show as 'wachted' in Kodi, i still have to mark that myself. I enabled every sync option in the add-on except the 'add to collection' and 'remove from collection' options (photo's below, sorry for the quality).

The other way around works like a charm, i watch a movie/episode and when i'm done it shows up on Trakt.

Also when i run the Trakt add-on itself to scan all my movies/shows it keeps saying 'Loading movies from Kodi' but nothing else, left it for about 2 hours and still no change, i had to soft reset my ATV.

Did i do something wrong or missed a step to enable the two-way sync?

Please provide a logfile: https://github.com/trakt/script.trakt#creating-logfiles
Otherwise I could just guess.