Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trakt.tv v3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Problems with the Contextmenu:
Toggle watched and Rating are not working.

http://pastebin.com/jbYZtREN
Hi Razze,
thanks for this great addon.
Would it be possible to add an option to run the full sync in the background?
I trigger a Sync as part of my automation script and don't want to see the popup on screen.
Code:
start curl -i -X POST -d {\"jsonrpc\":\"2.0\",\"id\":1,\"method\":\"Addons.ExecuteAddon\",\"params\":{\"addonid\":\"script.trakt\"}} -H "content-type:application/json" http://user:pass@%kodi-host-ip%:8080/jsonrpc > NUL 2>&1
Thanks for considering
-Z
(2016-10-19, 23:28)zerocool_ie Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Razze,
thanks for this great addon.
Would it be possible to add an option to run the full sync in the background?
I trigger a Sync as part of my automation script and don't want to see the popup on screen.
Code:
start curl -i -X POST -d {\"jsonrpc\":\"2.0\",\"id\":1,\"method\":\"Addons.ExecuteAddon\",\"params\":{\"addonid\":\"script.trakt\"}} -H "content-type:application/json" http://user:pass@%kodi-host-ip%:8080/jsonrpc > NUL 2>&1
Thanks for considering
-Z

You should be able to set silent to true. Have a look here https://github.com/trakt/script.trakt/bl...ipt.py#L62 can't check how the curl should be right now, but you should be able to figure it out Smile
(2016-10-16, 11:44)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]Problems with the Contextmenu:

Hi Razze,

Have you checked this?

Thanks.
(2016-10-20, 00:52)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-16, 11:44)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]Problems with the Contextmenu:

Hi Razze,

Have you checked this?

Thanks.

Just checked, everything seems to be working fine. Have you tried to click on the "How do I authorize button" again?
Thanks Razze,
I have tried this before but it didn't help.
I did it again, and now it's working.
(2016-10-04, 23:20)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-04, 15:49)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-28, 22:16)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

The toggle watch in the Trakt Context menu isn't working well.
What toggle from unwatched to watched - OK
What toggle from watched to unwatched - Doesn't change and always stuck on "watched" (Checked also in Trakt's site)
Is there any new about this?

Thanks.

Nope, not really having any spare time :/

Any update?
(2016-10-20, 22:03)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-04, 23:20)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-04, 15:49)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any new about this?

Thanks.

Nope, not really having any spare time :/

Any update?

Just looked at the code, I'm starting to remember, that I never planned to have stuff removed from trakt via that button.
So, does this button actually do only one thing? Only changing in trakt from 'unwatched' to 'watched' (no matter what the item's status is) but not the opposite?

If yes, the title for this button do not should be "toggle", but just "Set as watched" or something like that, and for 'watched' item remove this button.
Or even though, the best idea is to add the option for changing the status from 'watched' to 'unwatched' (when item is 'watched') and 'unwatched' to 'watched' (when item is 'unwatched') and leave it as 'toggle' (toggle watched/toggle unwatched).
Because the point is when you use the Trakt contextmenu you assume that it always will update it in the Trakt website.
For me i find the current working of the watched toggle just right
I have many shows/movies with multiple plays and would hate these to get wiped out

I use the mark as unwatched currently if i want to update the played count/last watched after i have seen something by other means (watched live on tv and manually added play on trakt), I mark as unwatched and then the next sync pulls down the correct info from trakt

On the rare occasion i do want something fully unwatched, i mark as unwatched and then also remove all plays from trakt website, next sync there are no plays at either end so the item remains unwatced
I don't use the "Mark as unwatched" from the regular kodi contextmenu,
For mark watched/unwatched I use only the "toggle as watched/unwatched" from trakt contextmenu.

And this is what I meant, for this rare occasion that you have mentioned, and this is exactly what I'm doing currently in this case, I use the toggle from the context menu to remove the watched tag in kodi, then I'm also going to Trakt website and mark it manually as unwatched, then I lunch the trakt addon for sync. For mark it as 'watched' the trakt contextmenu do it good.

In addition, as I said in my previous post, if it called 'toggle...", it's should doing both 'watched' and 'unwatched' and not only one option of 'watched'.
(2016-10-21, 09:16)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]So, does this button actually do only one thing? Only changing in trakt from 'unwatched' to 'watched' (no matter what the item's status is) but not the opposite?

If yes, the title for this button do not should be "toggle", but just "Set as watched" or something like that, and for 'watched' item remove this button.
Or even though, the best idea is to add the option for changing the status from 'watched' to 'unwatched' (when item is 'watched') and 'unwatched' to 'watched' (when item is 'unwatched') and leave it as 'toggle' (toggle watched/toggle unwatched).
Because the point is when you use the Trakt contextmenu you assume that it always will update it in the Trakt website.

Well its doing this:

1. If movie/episode/season/show is watched:
- Set items as unwatched in Kodi
2. If movie/episode/season/show is unwatched:
- Set items as watched in Kodi
- Set items as watched now on Trakt

The real problem about 1. is, removing stuff is not trivial, as you might have multiple watched entries for that movie. So which one to remove, while some people might think, "pretty clearly the last one". I don't think that's what everybody would think, so it won't feel natural. (not that the current implementation does)
Thanks for the explanation.
I think the common sense about 1. is "Remove from History: All plays" in Trakt also.
If you need to remove a specific play, you should go to the website and remove this by "Only this play".

Because the problem is when you set items as 'unwatched' only in Kodi,
On the next sync with Trakt, the 'watched' mark is back and not really removed.
(2016-10-22, 10:23)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the explanation.
I think the common sense about 1. is "Remove from History: All plays" in Trakt also.
If you need to remove a specific play, you should go to the website and remove this by "Only this play".

Because the problem is when you set items as 'unwatched' only in Kodi,
On the next sync with Trakt, the 'watched' mark is back and not really removed.

I would argue that it common sense would be remove the last play only. And very much dislike removing all plays :/
If I ever get some time to spend on this problem, I can probably do it how it should be done.
(2016-10-22, 14:43)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]I would argue that it common sense would be remove the last play only. And very much dislike removing all plays :/
If I ever get some time to spend on this problem, I can probably do it how it should be done.
Ok, I won't argue, that is only my opinion. But it's still good enough.
Thanks