Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trakt.tv v3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-01-31, 19:51)Dreamup Wrote: [ -> ]Razze same applies to me? The add-on shouldn't be asking for a pin site?
Or it's a different story for my situation since I am still on old kodi version (14.2)?
I am just reminding that I cannot upgrade to a higher version because of the ATV2 limitation.
I have also tried to uninstall and reinstall the add-on just now but still the same issue.
Thanks in advance.

No, that might be correct for you, I would have to check the codebase to know.
Yes, it's different due to you being on 14.2, the version you get from the repo in kodi/xbmc 13-15 is broken at the moment. So reinstall can't solve anything.
(2017-01-31, 17:12)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-31, 12:44)outcasts Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I've searched through this thread & cannot find a simple answer so, here is my problem.

I have a Minix 8H-plus device running as far as I can tell, Kodi 16. I have followed numerous download instructions for getting trakt.tv & i have it installed. I then try to authorise it to my account & I get to a window that says got to http://trakt.tv/pin/999..

I have done this on both my laptop & my ipad, logged in to my trakt.tv account, hit yes to the authorise my device & received a pin number. I enter the pin number once only well within the 10 minute timeframe & I get an initial message of cannot connect to trakt.tv followed by pin authorisation failed.

Can anyone please advise what the issue might be & bear in mind that your answer needs to be in simple language please as I am not that technologically inclined being of a slightly older generation. Thankyou in advance

Whats your laptop running? Windows, Mac, Linux?

Can you try to deinstall the trakt addon or better anything mentioning trakt and install again.
You seem to be stuck on an old version. It should not ask you to go to a pin site. It should ask you to https://trakt.tv/activate

Hi Razze, thanks for your response...

Okay, well it seems that I am not running Kodi 16, actually after digging a little deeper it seems I am running Kodi 13.3 which is on the Minix Neo 8H-Plus as XBMC. I tried to install Kodi 16 today; downloaded from kodi.tv, installed then tried to run. Message came up saying it was incompatible with my device; I had downloaded the Android version, should I have downloaded a different one? Not sure why kodi 16 is not compatible with my Minix Neo 8H-Plus.

I checked the version of Trakt that I was running under XBMC & it is version 3.03. Is there a later version & if so, where can I get it because when I try through program add-ons in XBMC this is version I get. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling trakt a few times but, it hasn't made any difference so, not sure where to go from here.

Just to clarify, I'm not running XBMC (Kodi) on my laptop (its a mac btw) just used the laptop to get to the trakt.tv pin page.. Clearly something is not right because when I connected trakt to another add-on it came up with the trakt.tv/activate page & connected just fine.

Thanks again...
Update:

After much digging, faffing around & huffing & puffing I managed to install Kodi 16 on my Minix Noen 8h-plus. Good news is I was then able to authorise my Trakt account to Kodi... all sorted

Thanks for all the help, things that were posted helped me in my search for answers & assisted me in finding a solution.

Cheers
(2017-02-01, 00:39)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-31, 19:51)Dreamup Wrote: [ -> ]Razze same applies to me? The add-on shouldn't be asking for a pin site?
Or it's a different story for my situation since I am still on old kodi version (14.2)?
I am just reminding that I cannot upgrade to a higher version because of the ATV2 limitation.
I have also tried to uninstall and reinstall the add-on just now but still the same issue.
Thanks in advance.

No, that might be correct for you, I would have to check the codebase to know.
Yes, it's different due to you being on 14.2, the version you get from the repo in kodi/xbmc 13-15 is broken at the moment. So reinstall can't solve anything.
Ok thank you, so I will wait for inductions if you manage to solve it.
Thanks in advance.
(2017-01-27, 13:51)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]Truth is I've done everything that needs to be done, but haven't tested anything yet. So this might potentially be dangerous, but I'm greatful for every test.

You need to install both these:
http://mirror.de.leaseweb.net/xbmc/addon...-0.6.0.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/au77wj6uo67l9m...t.zip?dl=0

I've just installed both scripts but to no avail. I've put files into Dropbox for your consideration, just trying to help where I can: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xu2c4o87swczy...bV3ca?dl=0 - I'm also running an ATV2 with 14.2 Helix.

I realise that I'm not able to reinstall Trakt either because it's "incompatible". I'm running the AppTV skin if that makes any difference as well?
(2017-02-02, 20:47)ItsJuniorJ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-27, 13:51)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-27, 09:15)Doeloe Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Razze, would be great to have a fix that works with kodi Helix 14.2. I am using the 1080xf skin and I am very happy with this skin from piers. Unfortunately this goes no further than Kodi 14.2
Any idea when you will have time?
Many thanks in advance.

Truth is I've done everything that needs to be done, but haven't tested anything yet. So this might potentially be dangerous, but I'm greatful for every test.

I've just installed both scripts but to no avail. I've put files into Dropbox for your consideration, just trying to help where I can: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xu2c4o87swczy...bV3ca?dl=0 - I'm also running an ATV2 with 14.2 Helix.

I realise that I'm not able to reinstall Trakt either because it's "incompatible". I'm running the AppTV skin if that makes any difference as well?

Your upload confuses me. The script folders are incomplete (why did you even upload them?)
The kodi logs don't have logging enabled, see first post.
(2017-02-02, 22:41)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-02, 20:47)ItsJuniorJ Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Razze' pid='2510077' dateline='1485517874']

Truth is I've done everything that needs to be done, but haven't tested anything yet. So this might potentially be dangerous, but I'm greatful for every test.

Your upload confuses me. The script folders are incomplete (why did you even upload them?)
The kodi logs don't have logging enabled, see first post.

I did a copy/paste from the folders within the ATV2 to the Dropbox folder. Is there a specific file I should paste? I'll read back further in the thread.
I've just replaced all files with the two new (one is the "old") log files.

Sent from my iPhone
You'll have to uninstall the tknorris beta repo. It's a repo that's unaware of your kodi version, so you get a trakt addon that's to new for your version....
(2017-02-02, 23:30)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to uninstall the tknorris beta repo. It's a repo that's unaware of your kodi version, so you get a trakt addon that's to new for your version....
Additional it's not allowed to be talked here cause it's a banned one
(2017-02-02, 23:30)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to uninstall the tknorris beta repo. It's a repo that's unaware of your kodi version, so you get a trakt addon that's to new for your version....

I've just uninstalled the tknorris repo and restarted, then installed the two scripts and restarted - but Trakt as a program addon (showing version 3.0.4 in the Kodi repo) is still "incompatible" with my setup. Is there a way to install an older version?
(2017-02-03, 09:51)ItsJuniorJ Wrote: [ -> ]

I've just uninstalled the tknorris repo and restarted, then installed the two scripts and restarted - but Trakt as a program addon (showing version 3.0.4 in the Kodi repo) is still "incompatible" with my setup. Is there a way to install an older version?

try to deinstall everything trakt related, then reinstall the trakt addon from the official repo (you probably should get 3.0.7) then remove script.module.trakt from your disk then place the one from above where you removed it.
(2017-02-03, 10:08)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-03, 09:51)ItsJuniorJ Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Razze' pid='2514749' dateline='1486071001']
You'll have to uninstall the tknorris beta repo. It's a repo that's unaware of your kodi version, so you get a trakt addon that's to new for your version....

try to deinstall everything trakt related, then reinstall the trakt addon from the official repo (you probably should get 3.0.7) then remove script.module.trakt from your disk then place the one from above where you removed it.

Still showing the 3.0.4 here - I'm stumped. I even searched out all Trakt files within the "Mobile/" folder on my ATV2 after uninstalling, and manually deleted anything with Trakt in the file name?
(2017-02-03, 10:30)ItsJuniorJ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-03, 10:08)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-03, 09:51)ItsJuniorJ Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Razze' pid='2514749' dateline='1486071001']

Still showing the 3.0.4 here - I'm stumped. I even searched out all Trakt files within the "Mobile/" folder on my ATV2 after uninstalling, and manually deleted anything with Trakt in the file name?

On ATV2 you should still getting trakt version 3.0.4 (which doesn't work so far) until Razze fixes the issue (for the old kodi 14.2).
At least that's what I understood so far; Razze correct me please if I am wrong.
Thanks.
(2017-02-03, 20:22)Dreamup Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-03, 10:30)ItsJuniorJ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-03, 10:08)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]try to deinstall everything trakt related, then reinstall the trakt addon from the official repo (you probably should get 3.0.7) then remove script.module.trakt from your disk then place the one from above where you removed it.

On ATV2 you should still getting trakt version 3.0.4 (not working) until Razze fixes the issue (for the old kodi 14.2).
At least that's what I understood so far; Razze correct me please if I am wrong.
Thanks.

Ah! Understood.