Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trakt.tv v3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-12-30, 08:32)moravec Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Razze

Here the database:
https://www.mycloud.ch/s/S000DA3FD1DB0D6...4992922A97

Yesterday only one missing updated on trakt history after starting the app on kodi manually - should be more i guess... And then we watched "Dunkirk" until the very end - and this one updated history on trakt. Can it be that history is not updated if I manually exit the playback during the credits are rolling? Where is the % value for trakt to mark as watched?

Regards
Christian
 Just tested with Kodi 17.6 and did a manual sync. Seems to be fine. https://trakt.tv/users/razzetest/history
I would recommend to remove trakt addon and reinstall + reauth.
Hi Razze
Thanks. Already did that before...

I just deleted Kodi folder in appdata and installed minimum addons. All new.

First try was old database in new folder but nothing changed in history on trakt. Missing were not updated.

How can I force history update on trakt?
(2017-12-30, 22:23)moravec Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Razze
Thanks. Already did that before...

I just deleted Kodi folder in appdata and installed minimum addons. All new.

First try was old database in new folder but nothing changed in history on trakt. Missing were not updated.

How can I force history update on trakt?
 Well run the manual sync in kodi.
Then F5 in the browser of your choice and it should show up.
Well I did this a 100 times. In the log and in the GUI it tells me it is up to date. There is a huge gap with the sync you did with my db on trakt history.
(2017-12-30, 18:20)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]

Here the database:

Yesterday only one missing updated on trakt history after starting the app on kodi manually - should be more i guess... And then we watched "Dunkirk" until the very end - and this one updated history on trakt. Can it be that history is not updated if I manually exit the playback during the credits are rolling? Where is the % value for trakt to mark as watched?

Regards
Christian
Should be at 80% unless the changed it. 
 But why this setting is in Rating category and not in the General or Sync category?

By the way, for me it's also working well.

But I have a question regarding the mark as watched.
Who actually sends the command to Trakt, this addon or the video addon that have Trakt support in his settings?
(If I will remove the Trakt addon, and I will watch a video in one of my video addons. will it still be marked as watched in Trakt?)
(2017-12-31, 11:03)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-30, 18:20)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]

Here the database:

Regards
Christian
Should be at 80% unless the changed it.  
 But why this setting is in Rating category and not in the General or Sync category?

By the way, for me it's also working well.

But I have a question regarding the mark as watched.
Who actually sends the command to Trakt, this addon or the video addon that have Trakt support in his settings?
(If I will remove the Trakt addon, and I will watch a video in one of my video addons. will it still be marked as watched in Trakt?) 
Depends on the addon, there are or were some that had their own implementation, others are signaling this addon to do it for them.
I had a chance last night to play around with mine. I tried a manual sync which made no difference to the status of the episodes that had been missed. I tried removing the Trakt addon, removing the remnants from the addon directory, rebooting and then reinstalling and it made no difference. I then turned on Scrobbling notifications (usually I have this notification turned off) which strangely worked for a couple of short episodes I watched after. I didn't get much chance to play after that but hopefully I'll have more time tonight.
Hello Razze

I did the same as you did and created a new trakt user and synced the kodi db up to trakt.

History contains now the movies it should in the last days. I think the problem is not on kodi but on trakt side.
But what I saw now is that only one play of a movie is on trakt. There is no movie watched twice or even more. Is this by design or a bug?
(2017-12-29, 15:21)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-28, 20:44)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-22, 11:51)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]Possible, but I probably won't do that as it smells of bad design. And is likely to flood the servers. 
 If I will decide to implement this by myself, and assuming that it will be done well.
Will you confirm this PR as a new feature?

By the way, regarding the "flood the servers" claim, I have seen for example that when the scrobbling option is enabled,
On each pause there is a command to the server about the point where it paused.
But my suggestion will be occurred only when the video ends, so I don't see any problem. Also, it will be disabled as default.
(Sometimes the library based on addons that have a problem with the integration between them and the Library, and the developer still not fix this, if he is still there)   
I would like a proper fix. Sad
This is a sledgehammer. Yes every pause sends a request, but that request is very small, expected and easy to handle. A sync a different story.
I still suggest to tackle the original problem.  
I have made a PR:
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/pull/741

But I'm not sure if I did it to the right location.
Also I haven't change the version (Should I need to increase it?)
(2018-01-02, 19:00)moravec Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Razze

I did the same as you did and created a new trakt user and synced the kodi db up to trakt.

History contains now the movies it should in the last days. I think the problem is not on kodi but on trakt side.
But what I saw now is that only one play of a movie is on trakt. There is no movie watched twice or even more. Is this by design or a bug?
 Unfortunatly Kodi doesn't safe more then one watched date. So we can only sync that. I will someday patch Kodi to do that, if nobody beats me to it. But time is kinda rare these days.
I installed the add-on and it successfully synced my collection to Trakt.  However, none of my movies are marked watched in Trakt.  I have scrobble movies turned on and Add watched movies to Trakt history on. 

TV Episodes synced fine.  

I have the add-on on another Kodi box and same thing.  

I've updated the video library several times. I have the Sync collection on library update or cleaning on.  I tried marking a movie that wasn't watched as watched and synced and nothing in Trakt (or on the other device that should sync).

EDIT: It looks like it is working now.  Maybe it just takes time?  Is the sync it does when updating the library different than the sync when you "run" the add-on?
It's the same sync
(2018-01-07, 01:38)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]It's the same sync
 I had the same thing happen on two boxes.  Is there a time delay on their backend?  It seems after I rebooted everything was synced and fine, but it could be coincidence.  It took hours for it to finally work after many manually syncs.  

I just installed the add-on on my 3rd Kodi box.  I did the "run" on the add-on (sync with progress bar).  It is still running after an hour.  On the other boxes it was much quicker (same library, same machine specs) even when triggering it the same way.   Odd.  I am wondering if the other machines just took this long to sync and I didn't know it.
Thanks for the development of this great addon.

I have one Q - I just removed my full library (set content = none) and then also cleaned and updated. Now, my library shows no movies anymore. However, I still have movies showing up in Trakt. Is there some form of lag and I need to wait a few hours? Or is this currently broken in Kodi 17?
(2018-01-07, 20:25)steve1977 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the development of this great addon.

I have one Q - I just removed my full library (set content = none) and then also cleaned and updated. Now, my library shows no movies anymore. However, I still have movies showing up in Trakt. Is there some form of lag and I need to wait a few hours? Or is this currently broken in Kodi 17?
Not broken, but never ment to work like that. If you want to clear your trakt account, look at tools like TraktRater https://github.com/damienhaynes/TraktRater
(2018-01-07, 02:09)michaeljc70 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-07, 01:38)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]It's the same sync
 I had the same thing happen on two boxes.  Is there a time delay on their backend?  It seems after I rebooted everything was synced and fine, but it could be coincidence.  It took hours for it to finally work after many manually syncs.  

I just installed the add-on on my 3rd Kodi box.  I did the "run" on the add-on (sync with progress bar).  It is still running after an hour.  On the other boxes it was much quicker (same library, same machine specs) even when triggering it the same way.   Odd.  I am wondering if the other machines just took this long to sync and I didn't know it. 
Well if it's the same specs, it's probably the internet connection or trakt is just busy at the moment.