Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Firestick confluence background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I successfully installed kodi on our fire stick today. Not much trouble if you follow the tutorials.
I would like to change the confluence background to match the one on xbmc on my htpc. The background must be stored locally and I cannot pull the image from my NAS. Can I use the abdfire program to send the pic to the firestick.
Thanks
E
I believe that if you add the NAS location in the file manager (wiki) that it will show up when you go to select a new background image.
I added the nas folder containing the pic I wanted in file manager and it still did not show up as a choice for background image. I have been able to select artwork for movies from the nas. I think the background image needs to be store locally.
I used adbfire to upload the image to the sdcard and then was able to see and select the image. When I tried to upload to media I got an error asking if I had run kodi to set up file structure. Ideally I would like the picture in the firestick picture folder but things are working and I only need the one pic.
Once you added the source in File Manager, you could have then used it to copy the image to your local directory. I have found that is the easiest way to copy files to the Fire.
Its easier to use adb Fire. Choose "sd card" as your destination on the adb Fire app then "push" the image. Once you succeed go to settings on kodi and when change the background just browse for the image and select.
(2015-03-08, 20:42)Canyaya Wrote: [ -> ]Its easier to use adb Fire.

A matter of opinion, I suppose. Using File Manager I can accomplish the task with a few remote clicks without needing to go to another machine, and the file winds up in the picture directory right where I want it. Either way is quite simple.
(2015-03-08, 20:35)whitebelly Wrote: [ -> ]Once you added the source in File Manager, you could have then used it to copy the image to your local directory. I have found that is the easiest way to copy files to the Fire.

I just looked at this again and I am not given copy as a choice in file manager. I tried this with the fire stick remote and with my xbmc roomie remote.
(2015-03-08, 20:47)EricHoya Wrote: [ -> ]I just looked at this again and I am not given copy as a choice in file manager. I tried this with the fire stick remote and with my xbmc roomie remote.

That is strange. I know it works for me. I focus on the file and copy is available in the context menu. Were there any choices in the context menu?

Of course you have to have the destination folder open on the other side.
(2015-03-08, 20:55)whitebelly Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-08, 20:47)EricHoya Wrote: [ -> ]I just looked at this again and I am not given copy as a choice in file manager. I tried this with the fire stick remote and with my xbmc roomie remote.

That is strange. I know it works for me. I focus on the file and copy is available in the context menu. Were there any choices in the context menu?

Of course you have to have the destination folder open on the other side.

Aha. I had the destination folder highlighted, when I went back to A, not opened. Once I opened the destination I was given copy as a choice. Thank you. Now I have the background picture properly stored in the firestick picture folder.