Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: External Player PVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I added external player, video playing, but TV not open (URI has the form pvr://programm/tv/... (in log file) ) - MXPlayer does not understand the protocol, so message in Kodi: "external player active click ok when playback has ended"
External players don't work with PVR.
OK ='((( coreplayer xml file may be able to grab link? So standart video player in Kodi or XBMC choppy without HW decoder. Author Kodi say: "We already do, depending on hardware", but it is unknown when it will be
If there's something wrong with the internal player in Kodi you should open a thread about that or file a bug report. Using external player is the very last resort, and it's not that well supported anymore.
(2015-03-08, 21:02)tweetgo Wrote: [ -> ]I added external player, video playing, but TV not open (URI has the form pvr://programm/tv/... (in log file) ) - MXPlayer does not understand the protocol, so message in Kodi: "external player active click ok when playback has ended"

Did you try VLC Media player? VLC media player for example used to work with streaming live tv on Android Fire TV
(2015-03-08, 22:42)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]External players don't work with PVR.
I have a similar problem. In my opinion it can be solved by creating a rule in which to PVR will use the internal player, and for other - external player. What needs to change in playercorefactory for this?

In PVR usually I watch SD channels, which is enough to show my CPU in Software mode. But for 720/1080p need a hardware decoder that works only with external players.

P.S. sorry for my english, its google translate from russian.
it wont happen. data is fed to player through kodi pvr api, not standard transports. you would have to add kodi pvr addon support in the external player.
(2015-03-15, 12:24)ironic_monkey Wrote: [ -> ]it wont happen. data is fed to player through kodi pvr api, not standard transports. you would have to add kodi pvr addon support in the external player.
mb google translate badly... I want to use internal player for pvr. And external for upnp.
find out:

<rule internetstream="true" player="MXPlayerPro" /> other set to "dvdplayer"
(2015-03-15, 15:08)AVRaskatov Wrote: [ -> ]find out:

This works for me. WIN10, KODI 18
(2020-04-28, 09:16)goldencz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-15, 15:08)AVRaskatov Wrote: [ -> ]find out:

Where to paste this?
(2021-05-02, 08:20)derrgoo123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-28, 09:16)goldencz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-15, 15:08)AVRaskatov Wrote: [ -> ]oofind out:

Where to paste this?

in coreplayerfactory.xml file whith the other rules...