Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Immersive Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can you add an option to enable Semi Immersive mode, so for example I am able to hide the Status bar but just make the Navigation visible?

Many thanks
it has been added long time ago. some tablet just don't follow protocol
(2015-03-08, 22:07)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]it has been added long time ago. some tablet just don't follow protocol

Okay, but how would I go abouts enabling it on my Nexus 7? Thanks
i think you expect something from immersive mode that isn't there. There is no "semi" mode
(2015-03-08, 22:13)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]i think you expect something from immersive mode that isn't there. There is no "semi" mode

Semi-Immersive can be achieved by Xposed Framework modules, but any how, please have a look here https://developer.android.com/training/s...rsive.html on diagram 1, Maybe an option to disable Immersive/fullscreen mode?
we are a fullscreen app and i don't see the gain in having those constantly on screen (even with a setting).
they appear when you want them to
(2015-03-08, 22:16)Deeco Wrote: [ -> ]Semi-Immersive can be achieved by Xposed Framework modules, but any how, please have a look here https://developer.android.com/training/s...rsive.html on diagram 1, Maybe an option to disable Immersive/fullscreen mode?

Not sure what you mean. Diagram 1 is just no immersive mode at all.
Obviously, you know that a bottom-up swipe produces diagram 4, so I'm lost regarding what you are trying to achieve...
I think we did what they tell us to:

Quote:If you're building a video player or some other app that requires minimal user interaction, you can probably get by with the lean back approach, available since Android 4.0 (API Level 14). For this type of app, simply using SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_FULLSCREEN and SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_HIDE_NAVIGATION should be sufficient. Don't use the "immersive" flags in this case.
Quote:If you're building a video player or some other app that requires minimal user interaction, you can probably get by with the lean back approach, available since Android 4.0 (API Level 14). For this type of app, simply using SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_FULLSCREEN and SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_HIDE_NAVIGATION should be sufficient. Don't use the "immersive" flags in this case.

That's actually the pre-kitkat pseudo-immersive mode (maybe what the OP is talking about).
Problem with that is that any screen touch leaves the mode, so that only properly works with remotes, really.

We probably could implement "immersive during playback only", though, although that would require a bit of rework of the droid windowing backend, which doesn't support resize, currently.
OTOH, as Martijn pointed out, we are meant to be run fullscreen, so not sure what would be the benefit.
Is there still no updates on this? Years later and the main thing pushing me away from Kodi I cannot seem to get around no matter what I do. Hacking System APK's, And searching throughout google, I cannot find a thing. I can easilly disable a "Feature" that is automatically disabled now. GIVE US A SWITCH! I need my NAVBAR to quit hiding!
What do you need the "navbar" for? And on which device?
(2017-03-18, 09:55)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]What do you need the "navbar" for? And on which device?
Because the Nav bar holds my volume and media function buttons

Sent from my SM-G935T