Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi not auto-fetching file information (lenght, format, etc)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, up untill Kodi 14 the lenght, format (SD/HD) etc, was discovered and updated automatically for each file, right after scanning for new content was finished.
This is not happening now.
The video file needs to be played in order for Kodi to get and add that info to the library.

Is this the "new" behavior and is there a setting im missing?
Just checked the "Extract thumbnails and video information" setting, toggled it without succes.
My sources are SMB shares.
Hi,same issue here.
i''ve been missing these information since i switched from xbian to openelec, so i assume (and hope) the issue is connected to a different default configuration.
thanks for any help.
Please post a debug log.
http://pastebin.com/UbvkMBh4

Kodi is started, "Extract thumbnails and video information" gets enabled, i enter Movies screen, nothing happens, a movie is launched and stopped, the info is retreived,
Have been searching for a solution or at least some information on this for a couple of days now.
Going back to 13.2 meanwhile.
Ok i solved the issue, or at least found the cause with my setup.
SMB shares must be added with hostname, not IP address.

example: smb://servername/Share01/ will allow Kodi to fetch video info.
smb://192.168.1.40/Share01/ will not

If your experience same problem, you could add the IP and hostname to your hosts-file and re-add the source.
This is tested on Windows only (13.2 & 14.1), there might not be a problem with other platforms.
That´s weird, we´ll try to reproduce. Thanks for reporting
(2015-03-12, 11:05)serrano Wrote: [ -> ]Ok i solved the issue, or at least found the cause with my setup.
SMB shares must be added with hostname, not IP address.

example: smb://servername/Share01/ will allow Kodi to fetch video info.
smb://192.168.1.40/Share01/ will not

I wouldn't accept this a a generic constraint. Just that it is the case for you (which still could be wrong conclusions) doesn't mean this is a generic constraint. We normally encourage people to do the other way around really (using IPs instead of netbios names...)
Yeah, well its a workaround i found works for my setup. There could of course be issues with my network gear/OS, so this is not a general problem until people reproduce the behavior and verify.