Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Empty source - fails to update library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Windows 8.1 64bit
TMM 2.6.6 (r1933)
Build date: 20150227-1940

Possibly a bug...I have replicated.

1. Create a source, put a movie in it.
2. Scan it to TMM.
3. Movie is crap, delete from source directory (NOT via TMM), so source no longer has any movies in it.
5. Update TMM sources.
5. Data source not available - skipping.
6. Movie remains in library.

So it seems if a source only has one movie in it, that is subsequently deleted, TMM struggles to handle this fact and skips over the source, leaving the movie in the library.

It's not something that is going to crop up often, I admit, but it cropped up for me. I ran out of space on one source, got a new HDD, created new source folders and that's where it got me.
Hi,

yes this is by design Wink
e.g. in linux you can have a mounted share (\\NAS\movies to /media/movies) and /media/movies is your data source.
When you do an update data sources and /media/movies is "empty" this could be:

a) the share is not mounted
b) every movie in it has been deleted/moved

since a) is the more common case we will just make sure we won't remove all your movies from the library because the share is unavailable/the folder is empty
OK, that makes sense...so you can't detect whether a share is mounted prior to an action being taken then? Not a programmer, just interested.

It wasn't a big deal in the end as I just deleted the offending movie from the library manually.
no, can't detect it _without_ knowing system specific things;

speaking as a linux user, a mounted share is nothing else than a folder in the root file system. But from within java this folder is just a folder (it also exist when the share is not mounted).
And I would not include any system specific tests to detect the mounted shares (since there are severa ways to mount a share for every OS).
So a pain in the arse to code for, for cross compatibility then.

Fair enough.