Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart Playlist - Not Sure If It's a Bug ... Yet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Created the following Smart Playlist:

<smartplaylist>
<name>Rock Music from the 1970s</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="year" operator="greaterthan">1979</rule>
<rule field="year" operator="lessthan">1990</rule>
</smartplaylist>

... and then:

1. Switch to Library view
2. Select Playlists
3. Highlight above smart playlist
4. Invoke Context Menu and select Queue Item
5. Select Now Playing option
6. Enable Shuffle (Not Randomize)

Songs from outside the year range appear in the list. There are approximately 8700 items queued (MP3's)

Not sure if it's a bug or if I created the rule incorrectly:

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...t_Examples

Cheers,

KZ
Quote:<smartplaylist>
<name>Rock Music from the 1970s</name>
<match>all</match>
</smartplaylist>

Well, of course the seventies ended way before 1990. (I think it was somewhere around the eighties?)

If you want Rock music that was made IN the 1970's, you should have a "greaterthan" of 1969 and a "lessthan" of 1980. Also you might want to insert a <rule field="genre" operator="is" Rock>type of thing for playing actual Rock (provided your tags are all up to par).

Or do you want the list to play All music that was made AFTER the 1970's up until 1990? Because that's what your current list will do.

Check if it's a typo or something, otherwise I wouldn't know. Wink
Hi WeirdH,

The edits I made to copy/paste example from the WIKI Online Manual didn't apply.

The post was supposed to have read as follows:

<smartplaylist>
<name>Music From The 1980's</name>
<match>all</match>
</smartplaylist>

I had intentionally removed the Genre rule.

Cheers,

KZ
Working fine here. The only things selected are those between 1979 and 1990 (exclusive).

What happens if you just click on the playlist (ie don't queue it, just enter the smartplaylist's folder)?

You can add the year tag it's using using %Y in the track format.

Cheers,
Jonathan
An alternative to test the query, is to grab sqlitespy, load up the MyMusic6.db file off your xbox and do the following query:

select * from songview where iYear > 1979 and iYear < 1990

Cheers,
Jonathan
Hi Jonathan,

Will try:

- Add %Y and do Queue Item again
- Select Smart Playlist as opposed to Queue Item
- Perform the SQL query via 'sqlitespy'

Cheers,

KZ
Hi Jonathan,

I added the year to the template and tried both 'Queue Item' and select the smart playlist; in both cases the songs that are displayed are in the correct year range.

I enabled Shuffle (Not Randomize) and the songs displayed are in the correct year range.

I let it play for approximately 2.5 hours and noticed that songs from outside the range started appearing as part of the list ... the memory usage changes by about 1MB-2MB occasionally (using an LCD CP ) which to me, doesn't seem like a big deal.

Cheers,

KZ
Quote:I let it play for approximately 2.5 hours and noticed that songs from outside the range started appearing as part of the list
What do you mean by "started appearing"? The list should be static once the SmartPlaylist is queued into the Now Playing window (unless you using this as your Partymode filter.)
Hi kraqh3d,

I posted this in the Support Help section because I initially figured that I may have read the WIKI manual example incorrectly.

It's exactly as I described though, seems after an extended period of time, entries outside the range start playing. I'm not using Party Mode, I am using the Queue Item context menu option; the Smart Playlist are as follows:

<smartplaylist>
<name>Rock Music from the 1990s</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="year" operator="greaterthan">1989</rule>
<rule field="year" operator="lessthan">2000</rule>
</smartplaylist>

I created similar Smart Playlist for 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's. The only commonality is Smart Playlist of 3700 files or more seem to exhibit this problem after extended play periods. Is there extend logging that I can enable that would provide additional assistance?

Best,

KZ

PS: It's a good thing my "significant other" is not a software tester ... we'd be in big trouble ;-)
As kraqh3d says, the list is static - it does not change. So any files played will only be those that are initially queued - ie will only be those that you have listed in the now playing window.

I suggest you:

1. Setup the track format for the nowplaying window by setting:

<musicfiles>
<nowplayingtrackformat>%Y - %A - %T</nowplayingtrackformat>
</musicfiles>

in AdvancedSettings.xml. This will allow you to see the year while in the Now playing window.

2. Run with debug logging (hold down X+Y on boot).

3. Do as usual - queue up your smartplaylist.

4. Jump to playlist view (black) and scan down the list - it should only contain the years you have queued.

5. Leave it playing, and note down any track that you feel falls outside the range - you can easily check with the now playing window that it is in fact in the correct year range.

6. If it plays a track that is clearly outside the valid range, then upload your debug log for us to examine, and link to it from here (pastebin.ca is convenient for this).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Hi Jonathan,

I'll will go through these suggestions this weekend.

BTW - my xbox is equipped with an X3CP ... that's how I noticed that audio files outside the year range (>1989, <2000) were playing as I configured the LCD.XML to display track, artist, album, title, year.

I can't confirm for sure yet, but it almost seems like the audio files that end up playing are those off albums that I listen to quite often.

Cheers,

KZ
Hi Jonathan,

Quick update: Haven't had an opportunity to look at this yet; been busy adding thumbnails to folders - Will retest with latest XBMC CVS.

Cheers,

KZ