Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problems when enabling both MediaPortal and IPTV Simple Client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there.

This is my first post on the XBMC/Kodi forums. I've been using XBMC/Kodi for 3+ years, and am very happy with the way it works, and after I discovered the Eminence skin, also how it looks. Smile

I've been searching high and low for an answer to my problem with no luck, so time for my first post.

I've been using the MediaPortal PVR backend and addon with a DVB-S and DVB-T tuner card in my server for some time now, and it's nice and stable. A few days ago i tried tinkering a bit with the IPTV Simple Client addon to see if I could add to my channel selection, this seemed to mess things up a bit. When I enable the IPTV addon, all my MP channels disappear, and the channels in the m3u playlist i pick for the IPTV addon shows up as they should.

The Eminence skin has a nifty feature on the home screen that shows the number of channels available, when both addons are enabled, the number will stay on 34 (IPTV channels on my m3u playlist) most of the time, but for a couple of seconds now and then it will show 1962 which is the number of channels available from MP. The MP channels however never will show up in the channel list itself. If I disable the IPTV addon, Kodi will immediately reload the MP channels into the database, and show them in the list.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or simply a limitation in Kodi, from what I've read it seems that using multiple PVR addons simultaneously should be possible. I'm using a MySQL server for my music and video databases, and obviously also for the MediaPortal channel database. All my machines are running Win7 with Kodi v14.2b1, server is also Win7. This issue was the same with v13.2, and one of the reasons I tried upgrading to Helix.

Debug log here, for a cleaner log i started Kodi with no PVR addons enabled. I then enabled the MP plugin and IPTV plugin one after another.

Any help appreciated!
Awfully quiet here on this topic. Can someone confirm that enabling multiple PVR addons is supported? Should my problem be reported as a bug?

I've also encountered an issue where the MediaPortal addon now always will be disabled whenever I reset the PVR database in Kodi, and I have to manually enable it again for channels to be loaded. In v13.x and earlier it would simply reload the channel list from the backend when I did this.

Edit: Now using v14.2rc1, same problems
I have this problem too with NextPVR and IPTV enabled. Just browsing for an answer as well.
+1 for this bug with HTS tvheadend and a iptv pvr. also found the bug mentioned here http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/14498
That seems like a similar problem, however the logs provided with the ticket looks somewhat different from mine.

When I enable the MP addon, Kodi loads the channels and EPG from the backend as it should. When I then enable the IPTV addon, the PVR manager restarts, Kodi loads the IPTV channels and then deletes my MP channels. The log from the ticket doesn't say anything about deleting already loaded channels as far as I can see.
Yeah sounds different, my problem with two pvrs is they both load but i can only access the iptv channels in channel list and epg but can access the tvheadend records but if i restart kodi i get both pvrs working fine, tomorrow ill see if i can find the log file for it
It's all the same bug, in practice you can't use two backends at the same time. The main issue is that none of the developers have had a reason to use multiple backends so motivation for fixing it has been quite low.
Thanks for clarifying, negge. I was hoping I could run both addons. However, the quality of the channels I've found through various public IPTV links has been consistently crap, and more of an experiment on my part than anything else. The MP addon which I've used with my backend has been working more or less flawlessly for the past couple of years. It's no real loss for me to be unable to use multiple backends, but it might be for those who subscribe to multiple DVB-T/S/C and IP-based TV services, and/or possibly different backends, so I think this might be an issue worth looking in to.

Thank you for working on an outstanding piece of software, Kodi was one of the reasons i cancelled my traditional TV subsrciption and went all-streaming and FTA DVB-S for the few channels I actually wanted to see live.
Its amazing how it works sometimes it loads both and other times it just loads the iptv backend and not the local tvheadend, was hoping it was a easy fix since i like having both having access to local when needed and having a private iptv for cable channels