Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDMI-CEC via HDMI-Matrix not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

we have the HDMI-port 2 (in + ARC) of a Samsung UE48H6270-TV attached to the HDMI-out-port A on a Ligawo 6518750 HDMI-Matrix, a notebook (Ubuntu 14.10, Kodi 14.1) with Pulse-Eight USB-CEC-adapter attached to the HDMI-in 1 and a RaspberryPi with current RaspBMC attached to the HDMI-in 2. Samsung Anynet+ (CEC implementation of Samsung) finds the HDMI-Matrix as audio device. But neither Kodi on the RPi nor Kodi on the notebook find each other or the TV. CEC commands don't seem to pass through the matrix. What could be wrong? What can I configure in Kodi?

Thanx for any hint,

Renne
Does CEC work when you bypass the Matrix? If so, your TV and system are configured properly.

Also make sure your HDMI cables support CEC.
Have you taken the RED pill or the BLUE pill ?

I suggest finding the nearest Hard Line before its to late...... Confused
(2015-03-10, 18:21)katsup Wrote: [ -> ]Does CEC work when you bypass the Matrix? If so, your TV and system are configured properly.

Yes. Both RPi and P8 work fine when directly attached to the TV. P8 also works when looped in between TV and HDMI-matrix, but HDMI-Matrix is not detected by TV in that case. I also tried to play around with device type "TV"/"AV-Receiver" and HDMI-port and physical address in KODI, but no success. KODI always resets the physical address to "0". I thought it should be "x.y.0.0" where "x" would be "2" for the HDMI-port 2 on the TV and "y" would be "1" or "2" for the HDMI-port of the matrix.

HDMI-cables:
- 10 m TV (works when RPi/P8 are connected directly)
- 2 m RPi
- 20 cm P8 (shipped with P8)

P.S.: A HP LP2475w monitor is connected to HDMI-out B of the matrix
If CEC works when directly hooked up to the TV, then the issue is with your Matrix device. You can test with both HDMI cables to confirm that they both support CEC to eliminate anything else from being the cause, but you seemed to have narrow it down to the Matrix.