Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have my nas set up as a video source through upnp devices and it works great. Lately I've had network issues and I have had to add the source again, so I now how my original source and 2 others.
How do I delete the old ones using the fire tv remote?

Cheers
Use the "menu" button while the old source is selected and you will have a delete option.
(2015-03-11, 02:30)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Use the "menu" button while the old source is selected and you will have a delete option.

Thanks mate
sorry for hijacking the thread lads new to this forum and cant find how to post

has anyone come across this problem i think maybe it could be all over for fire tv
i purchased 2 from argos they have been here two days..come to download kodi and xbmc on them neither will work
they both sideload fine either by using adb or via a sideload app i have on my tablet. but on startup it says starting for first time then just returns to manage applications screen..ive sideloaded over 20 of these so im not doing anything wrong..i deff no what im doing helppppppppp driving me mental... 51.1.4.0 is the version number

i have a feeling they have found a way to stop sideloading

ive tried loads of other silly apps they all sideload fine just kodi or xbmc will not

i have also tried pulling from net on start up no diff...well its deff blocking startup some how

any clues or fixs anyone

or anyone hit the same problem maybe
(2015-03-14, 05:33)SHAUN63 Wrote: [ -> ]has anyone come across this problem i think maybe it could be all over for fire tv
i purchased 2 from argos they have been here two days..come to download kodi and xbmc on them neither will work
they both sideload fine either by using adb or via a sideload app i have on my tablet. but on startup it says starting for first time then just returns to manage applications screen..ive sideloaded over 20 of these so im not doing anything wrong..i deff no what im doing helppppppppp driving me mental... 51.1.4.0 is the version number

Kodi will install just fine on the Fire TV as I just tested a new install. Your issue is most likely related to being three versions behind the current 51.1.4.3 stock software.
Is Fire TV android based? Sort of like the game consoles?
(2015-03-14, 07:12)mjbxx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-14, 05:33)SHAUN63 Wrote: [ -> ]has anyone come across this problem i think maybe it could be all over for fire tv

Kodi will install just fine on the Fire TV as I just tested a new install. Your issue is most likely related to being three versions behind the current 51.1.4.3 stock software.

no i have tried kodi 14.1 as well which is what i norm install there is a deff block 100%

no doubt i wont be the only one who finds this out over the next few days
i have installed lots of these and im 100% confident there is a program change blocking it
(2015-03-14, 12:58)SHAUN63 Wrote: [ -> ]

no i have tried kodi 14.1 as well which is what i norm install there is a deff block 100%

i have installed lots of these and im 100% confident there is a program change blocking it

Did you install Llama? Check the events, maybe you have something set to Kill/Restart Kodi so it never runs the intial setup and thats why it keeps exiting.
did you get the amazon fire working? was thinking of buying one to install kodi on. won't bother if they have changed the software to stop it.
I have an up to date FireTV stick; no problems here.

It's the Fire TV that's behind not Kodi.

I've had a Fire TV for about 3 weeks and I also suffered a similar problem after sideloading several apps including Kodi. A quick restore to factory settings solved my problem and everything has worked fine since including anything sideloaded.

Steve