Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SFTP to Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed Kodi on an AFTS (works great!) and I woud like to use Filezilla on a Mac to make an SFTP connection to Kodi, but I have not been able to get it to work. I get "connection refused" to any username and password I have tried.

The instructions say to use the username and password used when installing Kodi, but I installed Kodi without specifying this (leaving username and password. Can someone give me the correct settings for sftp access?

adbFire works fine, by the way.
You may want to install ES File Explorer onto the AFTV Stick and transfer files via that route...
Thanks for your reply. I tried ES File Explorer, but it appears to be an FTP client, not a server. An I correct?
I use it from my Fire TV boxes, and connect to my Win8.1 machine via SMB sources configured within ES File Explorer. I do not have any FTP server set up on my Win8.1 machine to allow for connection.

Hope this helps
I found what appears to be a good Kodi ftp server, available as a Kodi add-on, called FTP HUB. I found it using the Addon Installer.
You can connect to Kobi via anonymous FTP from any FTP client, such as Filezilla. Seems to work.
Correct about ES File explorer, it is a client for FTP/SMB/SFTP/etc.
I use it from my AFTV all the time to move files.
I also use ES File Explorer on my Fire TV stick. Works well.
Kodi is not a ssh server, so you cannot sftp to it. Find an ssh server for android, then it will work.
Thanks. As I say above, I was able to run an ftp server by installing the Kodi add-on called FTP HUB. It works great. I'll try SFTP is next.
ES File Explorer will not open in KODI. It shows connection timed out. It worked fine yesterday.