Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to connect to my NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've installed xbmc 13.2 on a galaxy tab S 10.5 with WiFi and use a synology NAS containing the files and Db, servicing my desktop box and the galaxy.
My network is set as : my internet box acting also as a basic router to forward some ports, connected to a trendnet 8 ports gigabit switch servicing my 2 boxes, a laptop and the NAS.

Even if I had some trouble setting the share on the galaxy (for some unknow reason SMB protocol didn't work by browsing, I had to set it up manualy by typing the path) it worked. But yesterday I had the stupd idea to update to kodi... Bang !!

First of all, it didn't removed the 13.2 version and installed a new kodi. In the process all my shares on the 13.2 version were removed but the kodi version got them. So I launched the kodi versiion, tried to view some videos and got the error "The file is no longer available, remove it, blah blah".

So, I removed all shares (it cleaned the local Db) and tried to set new ones. Choosing SMB I can see my windows workgroup, then the devices belonging to it including the NAS but wen I tap it I get a "working" then the error "operation not permitted".. Typing the path deosn't do much good.

I've tried to use NFS, so I've set up NFS on the NAS. On the Synology I've set a Kodi user belonging to the admin group. There is also a root shared folder with R/W rights set to the Kodi user with NFS rights set to the Galaxy IP and no particular restrictions. Taping NFS I see my NAS IP, then the root shared folder but it seems that the path ends here as I'm not able to go further to the sub folders (movies, tv shows)...

Any help ?
Hi,
Not sure if this will help, but take a look at the synology link in this thread.
E

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212335
Dear EricHoya... You made my day !!
I almost did previously the job but didn't set one parameter, the root mapping one to the admin... So I'm scraping right now and I'm due to thank you again ! Nice tip.
Glad to help. I was very frustrated when I encountered the same problem.