Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the only thing missing from RasPi 2 is Bluray 3D ISO and TRUEHD/ATMOS?
One these are fix, i am definitely going to buy one..
TRUEHD & ATMOS both get decoded as 8-channel uncompressed and sent to AVR.
(2015-03-26, 16:14)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]TRUEHD & ATMOS both get decoded as 8-channel uncompressed and sent to AVR.

PCM and LPCM
(2015-03-26, 13:25)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, no problem. Ripping that very title as I write this. Will test about 5-10 minutes of the scene you mention via ISO version on Fire TV and on HiMedia Q5, then MVC MKV version on RPi2. I've been meaning to test how action-packed scenes with high bitrate peaks perform on RPi2, especially as it appears to cap out at about 60-70Mbps. Will use SMB, but if I see stutter, try NFS.

Great! That scene is a chapter. It stops playing the moment Scarlet johanson jumps down, and swings with shooting at The winter soldier.
Somewhere there.
It happens with all 3d iso mvc playing in 2d
(2015-03-26, 16:14)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]TRUEHD & ATMOS both get decoded as 8-channel uncompressed and sent to AVR.

it's not equal however, you lost all metadata.
like DTS-HD MA 7.1 have information for virtual back surround speaker if you have 5.1 setup.
(2015-03-26, 17:35)looun Wrote: [ -> ]

it's not equal however, you lost all metadata.
like DTS-HD MA 7.1 have information for virtual back surround speaker if you have 5.1 setup.

Ohw Sad
(2015-03-26, 16:35)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Great! That scene is a chapter. It stops playing the moment Scarlet johanson jumps down, and swings with shooting at The winter soldier.
Somewhere there.

Setup:
  • Kodi 15 RPi2 Build #325
  • OMXPlayer disabled (as suggested by popcornmix)
  • No overclock
  • Wired SMB via Synology 1812+

Test results with 3D MVC MKV rip of 'Captain America: Winter Soldier':
  • Jumped ahead to chapter (at about 1:16:22) you asked about. Let it play through to Black Widow jumping/swinging off ramp (at 1:18:28) onto highway below, then running away and shooting up at Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier (1:19.15).
  • Plays past point where you mention video stops playing for you. Same is the case with ISO version on my Fire TV and HiMedia Q5 4K; no playback problems. Also, I tried the MVC MKV version on Fire TV and is crashes the box, causing it to reboot.
  • Skipped frames on Pi2 during this highway chase sequence. Video isn't smooth, rather little jumpy. Same sequence on Fire TV and HiMedia noticeably smoother.

I'm noticing other Pi2 related issues, which I'll post in the RPi section: OpenELEC Testbuilds thread.

Update 1: RPi2 snappiness and video playback much improved now (read here), thanks to popcornmix's recommendations.

Update 2: Post #1 and chart both updated.
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. But I'm having trouble playing ripped 3d bluray on my pi 2 running openelec 5.06. I ripped the bluray disc using makemkv and additionally selected the mvc track. When I try to playback the file I can't watch it in 3d, it plays in 2d fine, but the 3d option is like zoomed in and out of focus. I have the file named film.3d.sbs
Any help much appreciated. Thank you.
You need one of the 15.x test builds for 3D MVC.

This thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...n=lastpost
(2015-03-26, 20:48)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Update 1: RPi2 snappiness and video playback much improved now (read here), thanks to popcornmix's recommendations.

From earlier...
Quote:- GUI Speed in Kodi 15 on this platform is very snappy. Faster than my i5 iMac with Kodi on Yosemite.

Yes,the RPi2 when Overclocked, especially when you disabling dynamic overclocking (force_turbo=1) turns into a snappy wee beastie !
IMHO. RPI's generally are under clocked out of the box.
We can't have all those kiddies in the UK frying their beloved education toys now can we Wink
(2015-03-26, 20:48)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-26, 16:35)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Great! That scene is a chapter. It stops playing the moment Scarlet johanson jumps down, and swings with shooting at The winter soldier.
Somewhere there.

Setup:
  • Kodi 15 RPi2 Build #325
  • OMXPlayer disabled (as suggested by popcornmix)
  • No overclock
  • Wired SMB via Synology 1812+

Test results with 3D MVC MKV rip of 'Captain America: Winter Soldier':
  • Jumped ahead to chapter (at about 1:16:22) you asked about. Let it play through to Black Widow jumping/swinging off ramp (at 1:18:28) onto highway below, then running away and shooting up at Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier (1:19.15).
  • Plays past point where you mention video stops playing for you. Same is the case with ISO version on my Fire TV and HiMedia Q5 4K; no playback problems. Also, I tried the MVC MKV version on Fire TV and is crashes the box, causing it to reboot.
  • Skipped frames on Pi2 during this highway chase sequence. Video isn't smooth, rather little jumpy. Same sequence on Fire TV and HiMedia noticeably smoother.

I'm noticing other Pi2 related issues, which I'll post in the RPi section: OpenELEC Testbuilds thread.

Update 1: RPi2 snappiness and video playback much improved now (read here), thanks to popcornmix's recommendations.

Did you play until 1:19 or bit further?

Himedia q5... You used its own player (instead of kodi?) tried playing it in 2d right? (The iso)
Firetv plays the 3d iso perfectly in 2d? Using kodi right. Strange.
If you had time, watch the whole movie (3d iso in 2d using kodi)

Its very strange, cause i know its there.
Skank Wrote:Did you play until 1:19 or bit further?
Yes, about another 5 minutes further (on Pi2 as MVC MKV, and Fire TV with 3D ISO rendered as 2D). Kept playing fine for me.

Skank Wrote:Himedia q5... You used its own player (instead of kodi?) tried playing it in 2d right? (The iso)
Yes, its player, not Kodi, but in 3D. Let me try to force it to play in 2D mode (via BD-lite menu) and see what happens.

Skank Wrote:Firetv plays the 3d iso perfectly in 2d? Using kodi right. Strange.
Yes. My Fire TV is also over wired SMB.

Wish I had time to watch this movie all the way again, but not sure. My kids tend to hog the TV and what we watch Wink. In your case, maybe you have a bad rip? I'd try re-ripping and not multitasking on your PC while it's doing its thing.
No its no bad rip, its with all my 3d iso movies and with my 2 players also (windows and openelec)
So its kodi.
With tmt it plays fine so no bad rip
So, 3D frame-packed movies (MVC MKV and ISO) played via Kodi's internal player poop out on you at various points when played in 2D mode?