Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-12-16, 16:06)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-16, 14:43)opeters Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-15, 10:17)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]Minix XBMC 15.3b2 decodes 3D ISO and renders it in some messed up side by side format. 3D MVC MKV is output as top/bottom. VidOn only plays 2D from 3D MVC MKV and 3D BDMV.

I have the Tronsmart Vega and it plays 3D ISO with the pre-installed Vidon XBMC.
Issues :
- Subs are in 2D
- Some glidges during playback (will check my setup and cables again to be sure)

HD Audio works

So if 3D.ISO Framepacking is working with the Tronsmart Vega S905,what is all that jazz @wrxtasy is talking about.

@opeters
Can you do a quick video demo of 3D plackback on the Tronsmart Vega S905?

Thanks!
Stop spreading false information. 3D ISO does not guarantee Framepacking, which is Full Res 3D. Go back and study the previous 3 pages of posts to learn the difference.

Also understand what GPL Violation means and what leaching scum VidOn are, and Tronsmart along with them.
@ wrxtasy

Please don't GPL me :p. Frankly as an end-user I really don't care as long as I can use the device as advertised.
The Tronsmart plays 1080P 3D (1080P/24) and my Sony TV detects 3D. Only 3D ISO no MVC 3D, was mistaken with the X6.

Technical I don't know how Vidon does it...but I can't see the whole deal in Kodi.

Picture Taken while playing 3D ISO
Whoa!... why the 115 skipped frames in the screenshot?! ... unless you manually skipped ahead?
Can you help me, please? I am trying new RPi2(latest Kodi 16.0 b3) with projector 3D Benq W2000 with 3D test clip: Frame-packed/MVC 3D ISO (1080p/23.976) and I have only 2D :-( Projector doesnt know signal about 3D (he needs switch to 3D I think).
(2015-12-16, 18:29)lukash-kite4fun Wrote: [ -> ]Can you help me, please? I am trying new RPi2(latest Kodi 16.0 b3) with projector 3D Benq W2000 with 3D test clip: Frame-packed/MVC 3D ISO (1080p/23.976) and I have only 2D :-( Projector doesnt know signal about 3D (he needs switch to 3D I think).

You need to use a Milhouse build for 3D ISO playback.
(2015-12-16, 18:28)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa!... why the 115 skipped frames in the screenshots?! ... unless you manually skipped ahead?

Yes that's indeed not good, already reported. That's why I see the glidges in 3D mode I guess.
Happens also with other content but is less noticeable. On the plus side no drops..
(2015-12-16, 18:31)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]You need to use a Milhouse build for 3D ISO playback.
And, make sure you have 'Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D' enabled under Videos > Acceleration. Other tips for Pi2 in post #1 of this thread.
(2015-12-16, 18:32)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-16, 18:31)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]You need to use a Milhouse build for 3D ISO playback.
And, make sure you have 'Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D' enabled under Videos > Acceleration. Other tips for Pi2 in post #1 of this thread.

Have to check that later on. Did not notice any of those settings.
(2015-12-16, 18:18)opeters Wrote: [ -> ]@ wrxtasy

Please don't GPL me :p. Frankly as an end-user I really don't care as long as I can use the device as advertised.
The Tronsmart plays 1080P 3D (1080P/24) and my Sony TV detects 3D, both with 3D MVC MKV ripped with MakeMKV and a full 3D Bluray ISO.

Technical I don't know how Vidon does it...but I can't see the whole deal in Kodi.

Picture Taken while playing 3D ISO

You clearly don't care about Open Source Software development such as Kodi and the benefits that flow to the whole Kodi community when developers follow the GPL rules and give back. Its people like you that encourage these leach companies to continue their illegal business practices.

I remind you that you are on a Kodi forum here, and the device you just purchased contains Kodi developers code that was written by volunteers and freely distributed to everyone.

If companies don't want to play by the rules, then be dammed with them, they should deserve all the vitriol that is coming their way. Why we should actually promote and discuss these types of companies products is completely against what Open Source Software like Kodi stands for.
(2015-12-16, 17:55)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-16, 16:06)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-16, 14:43)opeters Wrote: [ -> ]I have the Tronsmart Vega and it plays 3D ISO with the pre-installed Vidon XBMC.
Issues :
- Subs are in 2D
- Some glidges during playback (will check my setup and cables again to be sure)

HD Audio works

So if 3D.ISO Framepacking is working with the Tronsmart Vega S905,what is all that jazz @wrxtasy is talking about.

@opeters
Can you do a quick video demo of 3D plackback on the Tronsmart Vega S905?

Thanks!
Stop spreading false information. 3D ISO does not guarantee Framepacking, which is Full Res 3D. Go back and study the previous 3 pages of posts to learn the difference.

Also understand what GPL Violation means and what leaching scum VidOn are, and Tronsmart along with them.

Koying said Vidon are using their own BD licences to make 3D/BJ work...
We all know that VidOn has violated GPL rules,but if their solution is works,what can we do about it.

Himedia,Realtek etc...all uses external player in Kodi to get 3D playback to work...

None of us here,want to support GPL violator, we are just looking for good device that can support 3D playback with Kodi..
(2015-12-16, 18:35)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]You clearly don't care about Open Source Software development such as Kodi and the benefits that flow to the whole Kodi community when developers follow the GPL rules and give back. Its people like you that encourage these leach companies to continue their illegal business practices.

I remind you that you are on a Kodi forum here, and the device you just purchased contains Kodi developers code that was written by volunteers and freely distributed to everyone.

If companies don't want to play by the rules, then be dammed with them, they should deserve all the vitriol that is coming their way. Why we should actually promote and discuss these types of companies products is completely against what Open Source Software like Kodi stands for.

Sure I care, but I am no developer, just a user with 3D interests and searching for a way to archive the disks and stream them in my home cinema. I really don't have a choice here after cinavia was introduced and TMT stopped.
If you actually cared you would stop discussing this GPL infringing product on a Kodi forum, one that comes with software that also infringes XBMC Trademarks as well. Take your discussion over to Freaktab because you are just indirectly promoting a product from a Hated company here on this forum.
I did setting like #1 and now I check acceleration... everything is ok.
I have now last Milhause build #1215.
Still when I play 3D iso waiting for switch to 3D, but projector switch to normal 1080p :-(

AAAA SOORRRY GUYS. I didnt see button 3D :-)
Just making sure... you're trying to play a full 3D BD rip right? Must be a MVC MKV file with .3D.MVC in the filename or a 3D ISO. Should work if you have 'Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D' enabled. Also, try by connecting Pi2 directly to your BenQ PJ... some AVR's will mess with your EDID metadata and can cause playback issues.
(2015-12-16, 19:05)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]If you actually cared you would stop discussing this GPL infringing product on a Kodi forum, one that comes with software that also infringes XBMC Trademarks as well. Take your discussion over to Freaktab because you are just indirectly promoting a product from a Hated company here on this forum.

Actually its only seems like you hate the company and the product. Any time any of the products are mentioned you are the one and only person to jump down someones throat about it.