Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@chadamir, I don't think Q5 supports forced subs, but I'm not the best person to ask as I rip to movie-only ISO's and MKV's w/only the forced sub muxed in.
(2016-01-04, 08:51)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah except turning on forced subtitles is a couple of button presses on the remote. No sound is like fatal.

The chart says main subtitles on/off only. I'm not sure if that means you can only have one subtitle per file. The problem is when you don't know to turn them on or not. It adds a level of user unfriendliness in my opinion.
By on/off, I mean you can only leave subs on by default (not just forced), or turn them off so no subs appear at all.

Let me do a full disc ISO rip of 'The Martian' today and check on Q5. It has forced subs when the Chinese space agency heads are first shown & discuss whether to help NASA.
Copy/pasting the 3D conversation from the VidOn GPL thread to here...

(2016-01-04, 21:10)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]VidOn doesn't do frame packing 3D output on Amlogic SoCs. It is only Top/Bottom.

(2016-01-04, 21:36)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]@hdmkvDid you buy Beelink Mini MX S905 box?

Does it work the same as the other S905 boxes?

(2016-01-04, 21:58)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]I was sent a Beelink Mini MX by gearbest.com for review. Did the OTA update, and a few quick tests. It's a snappy box, but Kodi performance seems poor (similar to what CNX reported in their review). Mainly crashing, no 3D w/included Kodi, no HD audio (and even some standard DD/DTS not passing), and an overly 'digital' (over-processed) looking PQ. Tried VidOn's XBMC apk and 3D ISO's did play, but in top/bottom format.

I need to test more thoroughly to give it a fair shake, but maybe it'll prove worth it, especially as firmware development happens, to pay $130 for Minix U1 vs. this at $41.

Edit: I'll try the 12/29 Kodi Android pass-through build (as Koying suggested below the CNX review, in user comments) for my review. He said "nightlies", but that was before he resigned from Android duties for Kodi.

(2016-01-04, 22:26)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-04, 21:30)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure of this? I recall Wolly (or someone from VidOn) mentioning they're providing full 3D framepacking on Minix & Tronsmart.
The last time I checked it on Minix U1, it was just Top/Bottom ouput. I have a test build that Minix provided. It is the same version as the one on Tronsmart (Build 14.2.6 Nov 26 2015). Now, I don't know whether there is a newer version. I haven't also tested it on the latest firmware for Minix U1. I have verified the 3D mode on my video processor and also on my 4K scope.

VidOn keeps saying that 3D output is frame packing, but I haven't seen this confirmed by any one else on Minix/VidOn forum.
Can someone please advise me on what 3DBD ISO player(s) also support Deep Color / x.v.Color / xvYCC reproduction?

I have several BD titles (Ghoustbusters I/II, Total Recall...) and some home videos which are in xvYCC quality and they really look stunning on my Panasonic GT60 plasma TV when they are rendered by BluRay player or by the telly itself (through direct play over DLNA or from SD/USB media).

Looking at the specs, Mede8er and other media streamers based on Realtek 1186 chipset should support xvYCC reproduction, as well as Dune HD Base 3D and other players based on Sigma Designs SMP8672. It seems that most of the "previous generation" chipsets were supporting xvYCC but now days this feature is scarse. I can see that x.v.Color / xvYCC is standard that never got on but I'm still not ready to give it up.

What about RPi2? I now HTPC with Intel HD graphics or discrete graphics should do the trick but I thought I could get away with some low-power ARM/MIPS device. Should I really go for 4-5 years old hardware just for that (xvYCC)?

I should probably mention that I don't need multi-channel HD audio pass-through.
(2016-01-03, 18:27)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]You need to use a Milhouse nightly build for 3D ISO support or the "MVC" tag in filename.

I just downloaded the latest Milhouse build and 3D iso didn't work. 3D MKV's worked, but only if I named it "Movie.MVC.mkv". 3D .iso's wouldn't work regardless of the name.

I have all my discs ripped to .iso via AnyDVD and would love to play them in 3D on my Rasberry Pi 2. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
I think you need to enable FULL 3D HDMI under settings if i'm not wrong.
(2016-01-04, 22:26)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-04, 21:30)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure of this? I recall Wolly (or someone from VidOn) mentioning they're providing full 3D framepacking on Minix & Tronsmart.
The last time I checked it on Minix U1, it was just Top/Bottom ouput. I have a test build that Minix provided. It is the same version as the one on Tronsmart (Build 14.2.6 Nov 26 2015). Now, I don't know whether there is a newer version. I haven't also tested it on the latest firmware for Minix U1. I have verified the 3D mode on my video processor and also on my 4K scope.

VidOn keeps saying that 3D output is frame packing, but I haven't seen this confirmed by any one else on Minix/VidOn forum.

what i dont get is where is the top and bottom source in a 3d iso? vidon apk is playing 3d iso files, which to my knowledge is a standard 2D frame and the extra MVC data, so for the app to take that source and somehow render it into 2x half res images seems impossible doesnt it? what am i missing here?
(2016-01-04, 23:17)dukester Wrote: [ -> ]what i dont get is where is the top and bottom source in a 3d iso? vidon apk is playing 3d iso files, which to my knowledge is a standard 2D frame and the extra MVC data, so for the app to take that source and somehow render it into 2x half res images seems impossible doesnt it? what am i missing here?
Read this post for an overview on 3D format: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2192170
(2016-01-04, 21:58)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]I was sent a Beelink Mini MX by gearbest.com for review. Did the OTA update, and a few quick tests. It's a snappy box, but Kodi performance seems poor (similar to what CNX reported in their review). Mainly crashing, no 3D w/included Kodi, no HD audio (and even some standard DD/DTS not passing), and an overly 'digital' (over-processed) looking PQ. Tried VidOn's XBMC apk and 3D ISO's did play, but in top/bottom format.

I need to test more thoroughly to give it a fair shake, but maybe it'll prove worth it, especially as firmware development happens, to pay $130 for Minix U1 vs. this at $41.

Edit: I'll try the 12/29 Kodi Android pass-through build (as Koying suggested below the CNX review, in user comments) for my review. He said "nightlies", but that was before he resigned from Android duties for Kodi.

this has nothing to do with 3D but Kerber has released an Openelec build for the MiniMX, that box will shine with Openelec on it, i run Kerbers builds on my m8 s802 box and its my best player without 3d mvc support.

http://amlinuxmedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=13.0
(2016-01-04, 23:25)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]Read this post for an overview on 3D format: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2192170
Also, what Koying said few pages back was:
Quote:All the android render in HALF, unless proven otherwise via a proprietary player.
With wrxtasy's latest OpenELEC MVC build (he sent it to me privately), I got top/bottom output from 3D ISO's on WeTek Core. VidOn's XBMC is doing the same on Beelink's Mini MX S905. But, I believe it's 3D picture on Minix X8-H Plus & Tronsmart S95, both via VidOn... question is, are they simply combining the top/bottom to give a 3D picture, or is it a true frame-packed output? Hope to find out with Tronsmart at least later this week.
I think the Tronsmart S95 is expirence the same thing Top/Under issue

Top/Under

I was going to purchase one until i saw this post.
Ugh! Anyway, ordered from Amazon, so will return it ASAP if that's the case.
(2016-01-04, 23:33)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]But, I believe it's 3D picture on Minix X8-H Plus & Tronsmart S95, both via VidOn... question is, are they simply combining the top/bottom to give a 3D picture, or is it a true frame-packed output? Hope to find out with Tronsmart at least later this week.
Yes, with VidOn, the TV automatically switches to 3D mode because it has stereoscopic VIC in the AVI InfoFrame data (FP: 0000-32/4/19 or TAB:0110-32/4/19 or SBS: 1000-5/20).

I have also concerns about privacy on VidOn XBMC. It keeps sending some kind of log to VidOn server even when I disable that option. I have no idea what all information is being sent in this log.
(2016-01-04, 23:00)bobneal81 Wrote: [ -> ]I just downloaded the latest Milhouse build and 3D iso didn't work. 3D MKV's worked, but only if I named it "Movie.MVC.mkv". 3D .iso's wouldn't work regardless of the name.

Might be best to ask in the Milhouse thread. There has been a bug recently where 3D sometimes isn't switched automatically at start of playback. Using the 3D menu from OSD allows 3D to be enabled. It's been a pain to track down but I'm hoping tonight's build will make the 3D switch at start reliable.