Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
that makes complete sense. thats where i have been going wrong!
Thanks
N
Apparently, SHIELD's SoC does seem to support 3D frame packing output. It is just that the MVC decoder isn't enabled. This is a page from Tegra X1 Technical Reference Manual.

Good find, and we know nVidia has asked Kodi team as to what's involved with MVC 3D playback. Hopefully...
I taught @Koying was working on it
Didn't know that if true... would mean they'd have given Koying access to Shield MVC decoder, and provided a way to leverage it. If he isn't under NDA, maybe he can comment.
Mmm... No false hopes Wink
We received questions regarding 3D/MVC from nvidia, but nothing more.

I'm sure the Shield can do MVC, but I don't have access to it, either.
Thanks for your clarification!!!
If it is anything like the mpeg2 decoder in the release time firmware, may be there is a way to enable MVC 3D with some sort of hack or if the source code has it, may be it will work in a custom firmware like the one available at XDA forum.
Can someone help me where I am going wrong

So frozen in 3d

I select play

I leave the defaults and check 3d is on on my projector

Still the image is mirrored on screen

The only way to fix it is to change the default option in the 3d options which prompt at the start of a 3d movie

Any ideas where I am going wrong
I was hoping the projector would process it all

Am I wrong?

Thanks
N
Which h/w or media player are you using for 3D playback? MVC ISO I assume? And, which projector is it?
Hi

So I am using a hp dc7800 with a sapphire 5450 graphics card running openelec
That goes into my pioneer vx930 amp and into my optima hd28 projector

Any ideas on what I need to change or do?

Thanks
N
Do I need to go back to a windows based htpc with kodi?
Thanks
N
3D MVC on OpenELEC is only supported on Raspberry Pi, so yes, you'll need Windows for 3D MVC on HTPC. Please check this thread for compatibility, and this thread for dev talk. Those threads should really be combined.
Hdmkv

Thanks for the replies
Shame as I have 4 pi2's in the house but wanted Something more powerfully for my cinema room

Don't know if it's worth upping my spec of htpc for 3d or just getting a pi just for 3d playback

Thanks
N
If you enjoy 3D its certainly worth it... Frame packed 3d from ISO / MVC is a treat.

I think you can do it on a 3rd gen nuc and higher.

Almost the holy grail,

Framepacked 3D hardware decoding , Bitstreaming, Atmos, I have some best of 3D isos too from avsforum that is like eye candy for this stuff.

I use remote launcher to launch kodi from desktop, and crash kodi if needed since this is pretty alpha builds we are talking about.
I then switch over Yatse for full control, and things have been working very nice on a haswell i5 nuc. I am very glad I went for the i5 over the i3 for that little more horsepower. It was an easy decision once i thought about my plans to purchase a 4k tv. Even though it wont support 4k 3d resolutions. other than 1080p and 720p per driver support

now....i wait for openelec support and shield support....just a matter of time for the brilliant minds and maybe a carrot from nvidia or intel to assist.