Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-05-26, 20:55)umer.hameed.16 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-26, 20:01)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-26, 19:48)umer.hameed.16 Wrote: [ -> ]Have u ever had the direct comparison of popcorn hour A410 or higher with himedia q10 pro? Will it be a upgrade by switiching to himedia q10 pro in audio and video quality? Specially in loseless audio like dts hd ma and tru hd ? Seeking guidance
Thanks

Sent from my SM-A310F

Simple Kodi and 4K HDR (Himedia Q10Pro)
And what about the audio quality? In my local audiophile community popcorn hour is the supreme player regarding the audio reproduction. It reproduced rich as it has the sabree DACs. What about the audio quality of Himedia Q10 pro? Will it beat popcorn hour easily?

Sent from my SM-A310F

Are you going to use the device for watching movies or playing music?
(2016-05-26, 22:02)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-26, 20:55)umer.hameed.16 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-26, 20:01)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]Simple Kodi and 4K HDR (Himedia Q10Pro)
And what about the audio quality? In my local audiophile community popcorn hour is the supreme player regarding the audio reproduction. It reproduced rich as it has the sabree DACs. What about the audio quality of Himedia Q10 pro? Will it beat popcorn hour easily?

Sent from my SM-A310F

Yep - two totally different markets. Does the Popcorn Hour have 7.1 DACs and internal DTS-HD MA/Dolby True-HD decoding to allow for 7.1 analogue audio output? If it only has 2.0 analogue outputs then it's not really offering analogue HTPC quality audio is it?
I dont think they have the dacs for all of the channels. Instead may be for stereo only. But i have tested its loseless (Dts HD and Tru HD ) audio quality in my home theater (Goldenear setup) and its very impressive.. my setup is used for 20% music and 80 % movies.

So i am planning to buy himedia q 10 pro and hoping for the upgradation in audio quality. I dont have any sample of q10 pro for direct comparison thats why i asked u people that someone may have did it.

As we know himedia installed some of the engine like express or imprex (i dont remember the real name) to boost the video qulaity which some of the people say eqaul to darbee of the oppo. But did himedia do the same thing with audio? Is there anything in the q10 pro to enhance the audio quality of the player ?

Sent from my SM-A310F
(2016-05-26, 22:18)noggin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-26, 22:02)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-26, 20:55)umer.hameed.16 Wrote: [ -> ]And what about the audio quality? In my local audiophile community popcorn hour is the supreme player regarding the audio reproduction. It reproduced rich as it has the sabree DACs. What about the audio quality of Himedia Q10 pro? Will it beat popcorn hour easily?

Sent from my SM-A310F

Yep - two totally different markets. Does the Popcorn Hour have 7.1 DACs and internal DTS-HD MA/Dolby True-HD decoding to allow for 7.1 analogue audio output? If it only has 2.0 analogue outputs then it's not really offering analogue HTPC quality audio is it?

PCH have only 2.0 analogue outputs , can decoding HD audio to 7.1 PCM HDMI port.
Himedia can decoding only to 2.0 PCM.

I compared between "embedded ADAC Hi3798C V200" VS my "Onkyo NR-818" with:
- DTS-HD 192hz
- same track DTS-HD volume music disc 10-14
- Flac 192hz

i have 2 do differte test:

1) Digital VS Analog:

Q10 -> HDMI -> Onkyo HDMI input
Q10 -> analog RFC 2.0 -> Onkyo Analog stereo input

2) analog vs analog: different DAC,but equal amplifier

Q10 -> analog RFC 2.0 -> Onkyo analog input
Onkyo DNLA player

The quality is very near to my A/V reciver , there aren't big differnce:
- sound clear and good
- no background noise.

same experience listening music like( ambient/atmosphere): Ambra - Prism Of Life or Schiller - Future.

(2016-05-27, 12:24)umer.hameed.16 Wrote: [ -> ]I dont think they have the dacs for all of the channels. Instead may be for stereo only. But i have tested its loseless (Dts HD and Tru HD ) audio quality in my home theater (Goldenear setup) and its very impressive.. my setup is used for 20% music and 80 % movies.

So i am planning to buy himedia q 10 pro and hoping for the upgradation in audio quality. I dont have any sample of q10 pro for direct comparison thats why i asked u people that someone may have did it.

As we know himedia installed some of the engine like express or imprex (i dont remember the real name) to boost the video qulaity which some of the people say eqaul to darbee of the oppo. But did himedia do the same thing with audio? Is there anything in the q10 pro to enhance the audio quality of the player ?

Sent from my SM-A310F

No there aren't any ExpressX OSD menu for Audio for enhance audio quality, but the sound have good quality
(2016-05-27, 12:50)looun Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-26, 22:18)noggin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-26, 22:02)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you going to use the device for watching movies or playing music?

PCH have only 2.0 analogue outputs , can decoding HD audio to 7.1 PCM HDMI port.
Himedia can decoding only to 2.0 PCM.

I compared between "embedded ADAC Hi3798C V200" VS my "Onkyo NR-818" with:
- DTS-HD 192hz
- same track DTS-HD volume music disc 10-14
- Flac 192hz

i have 2 do differte test:

1) Digital VS Analog:

Q10 -> HDMI -> Onkyo HDMI input
Q10 -> analog RFC 2.0 -> Onkyo Analog stereo input

2) analog vs analog: different DAC,but equal amplifier

Q10 -> analog RFC 2.0 -> Onkyo analog input
Onkyo DNLA player

The quality is very near to my A/V reciver , there aren't big differnce:
- sound clear and good
- no background noise.

same experience listening music like( ambient/atmosphere): Ambra - Prism Of Life or Schiller - Future.
Its good to hear that the audio quality of himedia is as good as the branded high end equipments. As u mentioned, himedia can only decode dts hd to 2.0 pcm.. how will it effect the audio quality of 5.1 or 7.1 dts hd ma track as compare to PCH which can decode to 7.1 PCM ?

Sent from my SM-A310F
Is it possible to play MVC (ISO or MKV) under Linux OS or is it reserved to Windows ? I'm trying to play a BD 3D ISO to my RPi 2 / LibreELEC 7.0.1 but it doesn't work, it plays 2D only...
(2016-05-29, 00:24)NicCo Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to play MVC (ISO or MKV) under Linux OS or is it reserved to Windows ? I'm trying to play a BD 3D ISO to my RPi 2 / LibreELEC 7.0.1 but it doesn't work, it plays 2D only...

For 3D ISO playback on a Pi 2 or 3 you may need one of the testing builds from the Raspberry Pi threads - I'm not sure if 3D ISO support has made to releases yet.
3D ISO on the Pi is only on Krypton.
(2016-05-29, 00:31)noggin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-29, 00:24)NicCo Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to play MVC (ISO or MKV) under Linux OS or is it reserved to Windows ? I'm trying to play a BD 3D ISO to my RPi 2 / LibreELEC 7.0.1 but it doesn't work, it plays 2D only...

For 3D ISO playback on a Pi 2 or 3 you may need one of the testing builds from the Raspberry Pi threads - I'm not sure if 3D ISO support has made to releases yet.

(2016-05-29, 00:33)ArieS Wrote: [ -> ]3D ISO on the Pi is only on Krypton.
Thank you, I've updated to Milhouse build test Smile
And what about nVidia GTX 960 (Maxwell GM206) ? Does anyone already tried it to support H264 and MVC ? It seems to support 4K@60p 10bits HDR but I'm not sure and I would like to know if it supports specs from first page :
Quote:+ Simply gorgeous 3D PQ! Very detailed, amazing depth, spot-on saturation, and just crystal clear!
+ Support for both MVC MKV's and 3D ISO's
+ Integrated 3D MVC and HD audio playback via Kodi! No external player
+ Perfect 23.976 and other framerates
+ Full HD audio bitstreaming (inclusive of ATMOS and DTS:X)
nVidia should work w/the software MVC decoder libmfx32. See here.
Thank you, I'm searching some alternatives for the future if I buy a Skylake now and if Kaby Lake would not be compatible with my motherboard or my motherboard would not be compatible with 4K @ 60p main10 HDR
Nice list...
Does anyone use an Intel G3900 or Intel G4400 ? I'm hesitating between both and G4500 / i3-6100. I only want to play Full BD 2D & 3D MVC