Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-06-17, 09:43)T800 Wrote: [ -> ]Can I take it that the NUC5i3RYK is just as good for Kodi/3D/Bitstream as the NUC5i5RYK, only the processing power is less?

More than enough..
(2016-06-17, 13:16)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-17, 09:43)T800 Wrote: [ -> ]Can I take it that the NUC5i3RYK is just as good for Kodi/3D/Bitstream as the NUC5i5RYK, only the processing power is less?

More than enough..

Thanks
EDIT: Scratch that, wrong thread.
so what is everyone's thoughts on the longevity of Kodi + MVC?

the sole developer is still working on it, but at some point he may stop and Kodi 17 is not yet complete.

i'm concerned that since it can't be merged into the mainline, it'll come to a dead end and future upgrades will be impossible.

what are your thoughts? note that for my purposes it so far seems really stable and the audio synch issue seems to be resolved; but nevertheless, there will be Kodi updates and i wonder for how long the fork will be maintained.

also note: this is an incredible WIP - i paid for JRiver and Plex more for donations than to use their products because they are good products; but I always come back to Kodi. i'm going to donate, but I wish I could steer some of that donation to this developer of the MVC WIP as a thank-you for the excellent work he has done
Are you referring to rpi or x86?
(2016-06-19, 01:28)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Are you referring to rpi or x86?

x86.

while the rpi plays 3D it's video quality is weak - at least for me. too much color banding/solarization. i find my intel 5100 is much better and even better is my 970M but unfortunately nvidia does not support all the audio formats i need.
Then yes, I would wonder how long support will go on in an effectively branched version of kodi.
(2016-06-19, 05:48)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Then yes, I would wonder how long support will go on in an effectively branched version of kodi.

Yeah.

Time I guess to start learning how to build Kodi myself. I haven't done hardcore development in some time since I took the management dark path. But I can still figure it out.

Mostly the current WIP is pretty damn solid for me - The last issue I had was with audio synch issues on 3D MVC playback; I don't know if my new buffer settings in advancedsettings.xml resolved it or the latest build, but I can chap +/- and it's perfect.

Here's hoping he at least merges in Kodi v17 when it goes "gold"
Why MVC not supported 3D Frame Sequential?
(2016-06-21, 11:48)ivota Wrote: [ -> ]Why MVC not supported 3D Frame Sequential?

I think Frame Sequential is kind of considered a dead output format. There was some work to add it to the Raspberry Pi 3D MVC decode stuff ISTR - but I'm not sure if it got anywhere. You may find support for it on some PC GPU 3D platforms like nVidia's, but it's never really been a consumer format (where HDMI Frame Packing is the main full resolution 3D format)
Do you guys set output mode to 1080p/24?

Or is 50/60 preferred?

I was also wondering why previously it was recommended to choose 8 PCM, instead of enable passthrough. I have a recent pioneer receiver, does it not make more sense to enable passthrough? Or was this set to avoid sync issues?
(2016-06-19, 21:29)TheShoe Wrote: [ -> ]Here's hoping he at least merges in Kodi v17 when it goes "gold"
For Windows MVC build? Won't happen. Developer has explained that as MVC feature requires a patched build of ffmpeg, it unfortunately isn't acceptable for mainline.
(2016-06-22, 22:14)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-19, 21:29)TheShoe Wrote: [ -> ]Here's hoping he at least merges in Kodi v17 when it goes "gold"
For Windows MVC build? Won't happen. Developer has explained that as MVC feature requires a patched build of ffmpeg, it unfortunately isn't acceptable for mainline.

not what i meant. i hope he continues to merge the mainline into his branch so that the mvc build remains as current as possible with standard kodi. i understand the reverse wont be true
Ah, got it... I hope the MVC build is kept up-to-date as well.
(2016-06-17, 13:16)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]

More than enough..

Any advantages of going with NUC5i3 or NUC6i3 vs Dell 3050 - For kodi 3d / atmos? Dell is less than half the price of others.