Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Think you're right... the first wave of TI-based native 4K single-chip DLP's (like the Acer, Optoma) are rumored to be in the $4,500 to $5,500 range.
(2016-09-06, 22:46)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='movie78' pid='2409743' dateline='1473186753']
After owning a 4K HDR TV with Vudu(Dolby Vision)
I thought you got the Samsung JS8500 UHD TV. Your Samsung JS9000 UHD TV doesn't support Dolby Vision.

No The JS9000 and was just testing the Dolby Vision Content with my Roku 4 set up to HDR 10bit and I know the Samsung can't display Dolby Vision but it should atlease be able to output the UHD Content.
(2016-09-06, 23:24)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]No The JS9000 and was just testing the Dolby Vision Content with my Roku 4 set up to HDR 10bit and I know the Samsung can't display Dolby Vision but it should atlease be able to output the UHD Content.
Yes, the Roku 4 would have output UHD content from VUDU (Roku 4 doesn't support any kind of HDR).

Human vision has an angular resolution of 40-60 degrees within which we have the highest ability to resolve pixels. For 4K resolution, to achieve that kind of angular resolution we have to either use a larger screen or be closer to the screen. This is why they say that for the average viewing distance of 9 feet, to fully appreciate 4K resolution you need a screen size of at least 120 inches. If you are viewing a smaller sized screen at 9-ft, you may not fully appreciate the 4K resolution.

It is mostly due to sub-optimal viewing conditions that 4K seem to be underwhelming for many. Correct the viewing conditions and you will be mesmerized Smile (may be that was a little exaggerated).
(2016-09-06, 23:06)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Think you're right... the first wave of TI-based native 4K single-chip DLP's (like the Acer, Optoma) are rumored to be in the $4,500 to $5,500 range.

The European sony VPL- VW320es (2015 model) was announced a HDR update..
This model is expected to drop in price in next couple months with arrival of a new model, i think in USA que equivalent is the VPL-VW350ES

About 2 months ago i found a couple of demo units for 5000€.
At the moment the Ex-demo VPL-WV520es has a bargain price of 6500€ thats about $7300.
The arrival of the 4K Optomas probably will give a shake on the 4K market..
(2016-09-06, 20:32)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]After owning a Xbox One S and a few UHD Blu-rays
Why did you go for the Xbox One S? I thought you couldn't do Atmos/DTS-X on it, am I wrong?
(2016-09-06, 23:06)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Think you're right... the first wave of TI-based native 4K single-chip DLP's (like the Acer, Optoma) are rumored to be in the $4,500 to $5,500 range.

No, it's the other non-4k projector.
,,Meanwhile, the ZU510T WUGXA DLP Laser Projector is set to arrive later this year for an estimated price of $4,500 to $5,500."
4k+laser will be more than $10,000
$4.5k. Wonder how long it will take for them to become "affordable". Who has that money to spend.

Sent from my Nexus 6
(2016-09-07, 10:55)ArieS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-06, 20:32)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]After owning a Xbox One S and a few UHD Blu-rays
Why did you go for the Xbox One S? I thought you couldn't do Atmos/DTS-X on it, am I wrong?

Just like new gadgets..Cool

Bought it to see what all these 4K UHD Bluray is about and so far not all that impressed in my eyes like @hdmkv said maybe I need a 4K projector to truly appreciate 4K UHD.
Playstation 4 Neo should be announced today. Have a hunch this will be the better 4K UHD BD player.
I hope it gets announced and released this year,base on what I am hearing the NEO(PS4) will be released around the same time as the Project Scorpio(Xbox).
But this is all speculation, let wait and what get announced at the PlayStation 4 Event 3pm ET.

PS:Is the MVC support for Windows Dead?
(2016-09-07, 15:31)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]PS:Is the MVC support for Windows Dead?
I was wondering the same thing... last build was almost 2 months ago Sad. Wish we had at least another Kodi developer supporting it with @afedchin.
(2016-09-07, 15:41)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]
I was wondering the same thing... last build was almost 2 months ago Sad. Wish we had at least another Kodi developer supporting it with @afedchin.

Is a damn shame, 3D MVC was the best ever happen to Kodi, I guess the Kodi foundation still want to see us buying 3rd party Hardware and then someone will have a complaint about GPL Violation.
(2016-09-07, 15:15)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Playstation 4 Neo should be announced today. Have a hunch this will be the better 4K UHD BD player.

No UHD Blu-ray Support for PS4 Pro..Sad
Just read that... is it me, or that really stupid on Sony's part?! Sony, the key company behind BD and UHD BD standards. And, Microsoft, who backed HD DVD, then supported BD, has UHD BD support.
(2016-09-07, 15:49)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-07, 15:41)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]

Is a damn shame, 3D MVC was the best ever happen to Kodi, I guess the Kodi foundation still want to see us buying 3rd party Hardware and then someone will have a complaint about GPL Violation.

God you can be objectionable at times. From what I have read elsewhere on the forum afedchin is on holiday.

And XBMC Foundation (not Kodi Foundation) owe you precisely nothing.