Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having more options for 3D will be great. As looun noted, with HD audio and 23.967 may be more difficult. So maybe have a faster box like Minix X8H with 3D and somewhat of 23.976, but w/o HD audio. But, if PCM 8-channel is possible like with RPi2, that's almost as good.
(2015-05-08, 07:44)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]FWIW :
- I have a Minix box with experimental amlogic firmware on which mk3d / mvc is working
- I'm busy "reverse-engineering" ssif (the mvc files on a bd iso) and I have a pretty good idea on the way to go, now.

So there is hope to get 3d iso on some devices pretty soon...
Nice work Koying. I'm pretty impressed with the VPU's (AMlogic Video Engine) on recent AMlogic SoC's.
Smile

I seem to be getting pretty decent 23.976fps sync running Linux / Ubuntu / Kodi Isengard on an AMlogic S805.
I think running Linux / Ubuntu / OpenElec is really going to open up possibilities on these SoC's.
H7 III
http://bbs.himedia.cn/thread-181376-1-1.html

- Android 5.1
- HDMI 2.0 4k@60
- 64bit 8 core

.... SOC unknown yet ..... Huh
Interesting. Android 5.1 doesn't necessary mean we'll get Android TV interface right? 8GB of memory is on the low side; should be at least 16GB.
I think all these manufacturers should stop making 8GB boxes.
Just what Koying has been talking about.....
Quote:ADD: [aml] h264 MVC support
https://github.com/koying/SPMC/commit/68...dfe6f57f58

Quote:[imx] start MVC
https://github.com/koying/SPMC/commit/01...6f7c6dced1
great thread Big Grin

I currently have an realtek1186 player (Bluetimes) with a SATA drive. I'm currently trying to decide between upgrading to the Q5 or Raspberry pi 2...

I want to ask, how is their FF/RW performance? I would like something that doesn't jump around as much as my realtek1186 box.... Any comments of the relative FF/RW performance of these? Smile
(2015-05-16, 14:12)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like we're pretty close to 3D ISO support in RPi2!
Looks like we'll need to wait a little longer. Glad to see progress being made though.
how much is it again for this himedia (good version) in europe?
Got mine for $136 shipped off eBay (seller: niking-niking). They thankfully sent me the English version. movie78 said he got the Chinese version off Amazon from same seller (NIKINGSTORE). My suggestion would be to contact niking-niking via eBay and make sure you'll get the English version before buying.

Another option is via Futeko (UK). It'll definitely be the English version, but cost is about $30 higher. Also, they include the EU plug, so add $8-10 cost to get proper U.S. plug off eBay (not sure if you're in the U.S.).
i'm from belgium..
Doubting if i should take this box or just the pi 2
Its not for my dedicated room... but for living room and i dont want to spend too much
Both are good choices, but Pi only supports MVC MKV's at this point, and can't do ATMOS (but, latter doesn't matter for living room, if just connected to TV or soundbar).
(2015-05-21, 16:22)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Got mine for $136 shipped off eBay (seller: niking-niking). They thankfully sent me the English version. movie78 said he got the Chinese version off Amazon from same seller (NIKINGSTORE). My suggestion would be to contact niking-niking via eBay and make sure you'll get the English version before buying.

Another option is via Futeko (UK). It'll definitely be the English version, but cost is about $30 higher. Also, they include the EU plug, so add $8-10 cost to get proper U.S. plug off eBay (not sure if you're in the U.S.).

hdmkv,

Can you extend the internal storage to external storage for Kodi ?
Don't think so. I'll ask two engineers I've been in contact with at HiMedia though.