Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okey so I can't find this "Enable Full HD HDMI modes for stereoscopic 3D" setting anywhere.
You said "in system/video settings" - I guess you mean "Settings -> System settings -> Display" by that? There is no video settings under system settings, and under "Display" there are only the Settings "Resolution" and "Refresh rate".
Make sure you have settings level set to Advanced or Expert.
http://kodi.wiki/view/settings#Settings_levels
oh, yes, thanks! that did it, with this setting on I get 3D quality that is for my eyes indistinguishable from what my mede8er produces! very nice!
Now all that's missing is hd sound passthrough, on some device that's not a windows HTPC.
For HD audio w/your full 3D, you need one of the non-RPi options in post #1 of this thread.
Yes, but sadly I don't like the options I see there at the moment.
It looks like besides the Pi2/3 I can choose between micro-stutters or a windows htpc supported by a single developer.
I think for now I'll simply bookmark this topic and write a reminder for myself to check it twice a year in the future until better options become available. (And probably stick with my mede8er and the pi2 for the moment)
Has anyone tested this MSI Cubi Mini PC (Barebones) - Intel Core i5 5200U CUBI-011BEU

For KODI MVC Build

I seen it in the spreadsheet but waiting testing just wondered if anyone has one or tried it yet.

Would be perfect if It would work for full 3D Iso and Dts Hd streaming. Would be easy upgrade from my brix 2955u as uses same msata harddrive.

Thanks
Yes, but the i3 version by @movie78 here.
Oops, sorry, you're talking about 5th-generation, not new Kaby Lake.
need something to replace my gigabyte brix 2955u and that cubi i5 is on good deal at the moment so i dont have to use himedia q5 to do 3d iso and brix to do the rest. Hopefully would be the solution for me. Dont require 4k as only have 1080p projector and tv.
requirements are 7.1 dts hd bitstreaming audio and 3d iso,mkv support with 4 usb ports.

Dont have a huge budget would of gone for the dell but harddrive to small would be using the computer to download with also. So be nice to find one what supports msata so can use the one out of my gigabyte brix computer, intel nuc are more expensive on i5 and also the one of them only works with beta drivers reading on the intel h/w compilation.

The MSI Cubi 3205u would of been a good option but cant find one in UK in stock most stores say end of life.

The intel nuc i3 listed on page 1 also not available

thanks for help.
Question, if I have my resolution set at 1080p and play a 2160p file, will it switch automatically to the 4k resolution?

Sent from my HTC 10
Quote:Question, if I have my resolution set at 1080p and play a 2160p file, will it switch automatically to the 4k resolution?

Yes. If you have Kodi running at 2160, Kodi does the upscaling of your 1080 to 2160.
If you have Kodi running at 1080, your display does the upscaling of your 1080 to 2160.
If you are playing an MVC frame packed 3D, you are not going to render 2160 and will report 1080.
However, using active, you will render 1080 to each eye which appears (Promise) 2160.
If you are playing a SBS or TAB, it will upscale to 2160 since it is not frame packed.
Is there an advantage? Nope. It's all about how you fill in all those pixels.
New MVC build is available on ftp. Anyone has tested this? What's new?
(2016-11-13, 12:12)Caramba69 Wrote: [ -> ]New MVC build is available on ftp. Anyone has tested this? What's new?

Is there a changelog somewhere?
What about that Zidoo X9S's soc (RTD1295) does not support the Hardware video decoding! ( see: http://kodi.wiki/view/Android_hardware#c...violator-0 )
Is it not problem?
Hi I am getting a New computer msi cubi and plan on installing MVC Build September as that is the one it was tested on working so far.

And Will be following Steps to Take for MVC with your NUC/HTPC

I wanted to know before scanning in the movies do any file names need to be changed for 3d Titles.

At the moment they are like Warcraft dts 3d.iso and Warcraft 3d.mkv etc.

They all play fine on himedia but might be because of wrapper.

Thanks
That naming should be fine.