Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-11-20, 15:04)haxel666 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for looking into it. Love this software.

Use MakeMKV and strip the 3D movie only.
(2016-11-20, 15:45)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-20, 15:04)haxel666 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for looking into it. Love this software.

Your a genius thanks i did as you said and works perfect now in mkv format full frame packing.
(2016-11-20, 16:55)haxel666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-20, 15:45)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]

Your a genius thanks i did as you said and works perfect now in mkv format full frame packing.

You are welcome, you can also use Tsmuxer to convert it ISO.
Not related with Kodi but related with MVC 3D support

Dune HD Duo 4K, update the Game with new Sigma SMP8758 link

full menu & lite blu-ray support are handy.
Built-in DVB-T/T2/C Tuner (for Non-US Version) with HEVC 4K Support

And with Audiophiles in mind.....

Quote:What’s New? Differences to Solo 4K

Compared to the previously released Solo 4K model, Duo 4K has the following additional features and enhancements:

Housing and Connectors

Full-sized housing with standard Hi-Fi form-factor (43 cm).
OLED display and control buttons on the front panel.
Two hot swap 3.5" SATA HDD racks, each supporting up to 10TB+ HDD, with direct convenient access via the front panel.
SD card slot.
Additional USB port (3 USB ports in total).
Optical S/PDIF output.
Separated connectors for coaxial S/PDIF output, analog audio output, composite video output.
RF loop through connector for DVB-T/T2/C tuner.
More Powerful Hardware

2GB RAM (2x in comparison with Solo 4K).
8GB flash memory (2x in comparison with Solo 4K).
Bigger and more powerful Wi-Fi antennas (2T2R) for the built-in 802.11ac Wi-Fi.

Audiophile Features for High-Quality Audio

The famous ESS SABRE32 Reference DAC (ES9018K2M).
XLR balanced stereo audio output (for professional ultra-low-noise analog audio connection).
S/PDIF audio input (to use Duo 4K as a high quality audio DAC by connecting external digital audio sources).
Galvanically isolated digital audio connectors (for reduced noise and jitter).
(2016-11-22, 16:37)couto27 Wrote: [ -> ]Not related with Kodi but related with MVC 3D support

Compared to the previously released Solo 4K model, Duo 4K has the following additional features and enhancements:

Housing and Connectors

Two hot swap 3.5" SATA HDD racks, each supporting up to 10TB+ HDD, with direct convenient access via the front panel.
SD card slot.
Optical S/PDIF output.
Separated connectors for coaxial S/PDIF output, analog audio output, composite video output.
More Powerful Hardware

XLR balanced stereo audio output (for professional ultra-low-noise analog audio connection).
S/PDIF audio input (to use Duo 4K as a high quality audio DAC by connecting external digital audio sources).

Got an email from them yesterday about this product, meet the guys from Dune a few years ago at CES, good people but not for $699Undecided
Isn't the upcoming Oppo 4K a better option for $499
(2016-11-22, 16:44)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-22, 16:37)couto27 Wrote: [ -> ]Not related with Kodi but related with MVC 3D support

Housing and Connectors

SD card slot.
Optical S/PDIF output.
More Powerful Hardware

Got an email from them yesterday about this product, meet the guys from Dune a few years ago at CES, good people but not for $699Undecided
Isn't the upcoming Oppo 4K a better option for $499

Do you want ISO and 3D from files ? ...Oppo can't handle that.

4K video playback: Decode 4K video content in various popular formats(including H.265 10-bit) (up to 4Kp30)

is NOT "4k" player, 1080@59,94/50/60 cann't up scaling!
$700 for a media player is a joke. but the version without hard disk slots and without integrated wifi sounds like an option:
https://www.amazon.de/Dune-Media-Player-...01LWVUD84/
€205 is not what I'd call a bargain but if it does a good job.. maybe worth it?

EDIT: WTF?! they charge you €20 per year if you want the full bd menu feature?!
http://dune-hd.com/support/options/

EDIT2: ah okey, if you are willing to accept the ridiculous price tag of €367 to get the Dune Solo 4k instead of the "Lite" then you don't need a subscription for the full bd menus and you get an integrated DVB-T2 reciever. But thats a very heavy price tag for a media player in my opinion..
(2016-11-22, 17:43)kaefert Wrote: [ -> ]$700 for a media player is a joke. but the version without hard disk slots and without integrated wifi sounds like an option:
https://www.amazon.de/Dune-Media-Player-...01LWVUD84/
€205 is not what I'd call a bargain but if it does a good job.. maybe worth it?

EDIT: WTF?! they charge you €20 per year if you want the full bd menu feature?!
http://dune-hd.com/support/options/

EDIT2: ah okey, if you are willing to accept the ridiculous price tag of €367 to get the Dune Solo 4k instead of the "Lite" then you don't need a subscription for the full bd menus and you get an integrated DVB-T2 reciever. But thats a very heavy price tag for a media player in my opinion..

I have no idea whats your setup, but the manufacturer selling this player add audiophile grade DAC, XLR balanced stereo output, usually used in High-end equipment.

The best feature (for 20€/year) is that it can play BDs with full menu, please note the player it does not have a BD license.
Dune developed their own software in order to display the menu.
Since their software are not circumventing anything illegal they charge what they want.

Most people are perfectly happy with any 100$ player this days, but does that legally buy their BDs and ripped them one-by-one might have different opinion if they want to maximize their setup.
What i can't justify is seeing people with 2000$ displays or 2000$ projector without a proper source player, or they are blind or they never try nothing better.

I already mention this once: Best Picture from High to Low
Oppo 103 - original BD in Disk tray > MKV by USB > MKV by streaming( ISOs might be a step up to MKV but the 103 dont read them.)
what do I need audiophile grade DACs in my media player when all I want it to do is to pass the digital audio signal to my Receiver?
In my opinion analog signals outside of the Receiver is bad design.
And my projector cost 600€ not 2000$
or....
PowerDVD for $60 on Windows 10 with a $150 GTX 960 and ALL your problems are solved.
@couto27 I don't this the crowd for this type of media player maybe the AVS Forum , they like expensive stuff just because .

And this whole internal DAC built in a media player doesn't make any sense to me, I must be in the minority because of i here a lot of talk about it.
@movie78 well high quality DACs in a media player make sense if you use analog output from the media player. but I don't see why anybody would do such a thing..

@brazen1 well I don't like windows PCs, and I don't think I will integrate one in my home cinema. I tried that like 10 years ago until I found out that hardware media players exists. It was like an answered prayer and I don't think I will ever care to go back.
(2016-11-22, 20:17)kaefert Wrote: [ -> ]@movie78 well high quality DACs in a media player make sense if you use analog output from the media player. but I don't see why anybody would do such a thing..

@brazen1 well I don't like windows PCs, and I don't think I will integrate one in my home cinema. I tried that like 10 years ago until I found out that hardware media players exists. It was like an answered prayer and I don't think I will ever care to go back.

If the Dune HD Solo 4K support Kodi then I will be all over it but it doesn't, using Yamj or Zappitti for movies scrapping is not an option for me, was very happy when I sold my Dune HD Smart D1 and went back to Kodi...Smile
(2016-11-22, 20:17)kaefert Wrote: [ -> ]@movie78 well high quality DACs in a media player make sense if you use analog output from the media player. but I don't see why anybody would do such a thing..

I do like Windows PC's and I have chosen to integrate it into my home theatre.
I know many hardware players exist. My GTX 960 hardware decodes lots of stuff fwiw.
Maybe you can quickly confirm a couple things since you make me feel like my method is antiquated, that I need to buy more necessary devices or I'm missing out, and why perhaps I've made the wrong decision, while keeping in mind, different strokes for different folks.

(1) Does your hardware player play your 1080p and 4k rips in higher quality? Do they look better or something?

(2) Is your hardware player(s) problem free? Does it/they play EVERYTHING in the kodi wiki test media and beyond without so much as a hiccup? Audio too. I know DTS:X isn't in there yet. I've tested all of them extensively and very happy with the results. You?

(3) Is there something your hardware player box is doing that my Windows PC isn't, keeping in mind, yeah my box is bigger than yours? It fits right next to the subwoofer, my AVR, and 3 of my back up enclosures and it's silent so I don't even know it's there to be honest. Not to mention I also use it for video editing and other such home cinema related tasks as well as those times I just feel like surfing and posting on message boards.

Those are my 3 main concerns.

Thanks for your input.