Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-05-21, 17:53)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Both are good choices, but Pi only supports MVC MKV's at this point, and can't do ATMOS (but, latter doesn't matter for living room, if just connected to TV or soundbar).

true
For living room i dont need atmos, even not hd audio
Even 3d not , but it should do play those titles in 2d
Thatswhy i need a new device.

Himedia also has Q12, which one is that?
I cant load page of it
http://himediatech.com/productList.htm
If you want just 2D in an inexpensive box, go Raspberry Pi 2. Or, if you want apps, Fire TV Stick or Box (latter is better).

Re: HiMedia Q12, there's a I and II, but both are older boxes I believe. Also only 1GB RAM + 4GB ROM. Their M3 4K is the newer budget version of Q5 4K. HiMedia's model #'s and versions are confusing.
Their M3 4k is as good as H5?
Or how do you compare M3 vs rasp pi 2?
Cause if i need to buy pi2 + attributes , it comes down to same prcie M3 i think
True, RPi2 cost can add up... board, power, mSD card, case & MPEG2/VC-1 codec licenses. Plus about $10 if you need a bluetooth adapter. Total cost around $80-90.

Re: HiMedia M3, I'd expect it should perform similar to Q5 4K. Same HiSilicon chip, but 1GB RAM vs 2. You could e-mail Futeko and ask.
What would be the visual difference between 1 vs 2 ram?
I think none. On my Q5, I only have Kodi installed, no other apps (other what was pre-installed). If you do the same, I'm guessing M3 would perform as well as Q5.
Mmm cool
Willing to make any video to show how it looks when its running kodi and you're launching a 3d iso, switching to himedia's player, and returning to kodi?
(2015-05-21, 17:59)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-21, 17:53)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Both are good choices, but Pi only supports MVC MKV's at this point, and can't do ATMOS (but, latter doesn't matter for living room, if just connected to TV or soundbar).

true

I cant load page of it

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but why do you need a new box to play 2d?

The Pi and Pi 2 will play back 3D Blu-ray ISOs in 2D won't it ? It's only 3D MVC ISO support we are waiting for - which is a bit more complex to implement than 2D ISOs. The Pi / Pi 2 should play the standard 2D H264 stream on a 3D Blu-ray back fine shouldn't it?

AIUI currently it ignores the additional MVC streams on Blu-ray ISOs (and the complicated UDF stuff that allows it to work), and only plays 3D content - by processing the MVC stream and H264 stream together to create two eye feeds - in MKV MVC format, though 3D ISO support is being actively developed.
You're correct.
(2015-05-21, 21:59)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-21, 17:59)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]

true

I cant load page of it

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but why do you need a new box to play 2d?

i'm having problems with my current player reading 3d iso as 2d in kodi
it happens on windows too, and cant find the source of the problem
So my hope is, that pi 2 or this himedia player wont have that problem cause tmt doesnt have it either
(2015-05-21, 18:58)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Mmm cool
Willing to make any video to show how it looks when its running kodi and you're launching a 3d iso, switching to himedia's player, and returning to kodi?

hdmkv?
anyone ordered from http://www.iandroidtvbox.com/catalogsear...himedia+q5 ?
Do they deliver to belgium?

Wow many himedia models there pff , i dunno which one is right.. price is cheap there though
Double-post.
That's where I originally ordered my Q5 from and it was the Chinese version. Tried to return and they refused, even when I said I'd pay return postage.

Re: HiMedia, either Q5 4K 3D or Q10 4K 3D at this point (and only after you verify from seller that you'll be sent the English branded version); I'd avoid other versions. Q16 (3rd gen) and especially upcoming H7-III look interesting, but risky at this point, and support only in Chinese.

And, yes, I'll do the video you requested later today and post it Smile.