Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-07-20, 16:01)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting dropped frames with titles ('Avatar', 'Sin City 2', etc.) I've been testing with on Kodi 15 and now 16 builds. This was via wired SMB, so planning to try NFS and overclocking my Pi2 to see if I can get reliability.

Some of the higher bitrate MVC files benefit from a h264_freq overclock. Adding:
Code:
h264_freq=300
force_turbo=1
to config.txt will hopefully solve it.
Great, thanks. Wired SMB should be sufficient for 3D ISO's right (as far as Pi2 is concerned)? Here's what I'll be trying (incorporates Milhouse's and your settings); looks okay?...
Code:
gpu_mem=320
arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
h264_freq=300
over_voltage=2
force_turbo=1
gpu_freq=333
v3d_freq=300
avoid_pwm_pll=1
Looks okay. gpu_freq is redundant (it sets core/v3d/h264/isp - you are not using isp, and others are specified explicitly), but should be harmless.
You could also remove h264_freq/v3d_freq and then you will get the slightly higher gpu_freq values.
Okay, thanks again, hoping to try with this later today...
Code:
gpu_mem=320
arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
over_voltage=2
force_turbo=1
avoid_pwm_pll=1
You've removed too much. Try with gpu_freq=333 added back in.
Thanks. To me, these settings are all greek Smile, so will simply copy/paste into confix.txt and try.
Woo-hoo! Got 3D MVC MKV's working great on latest Kodi 16 build. Not sure what the issue was with the stock/official Kodi 15 OpenELEC I was using was. In any case, added popcornmix's overclock settings and tested 'Avatar' 3D MVC MKV extensively, and also '300: Rise of an Empire' some and both played perfectly w/o any skipped frames. With former, I was seeing bitrates from 30+ to 60+ Mbps at various points.

Also tested above as ISO's on HiMedia Q5 with latest firmware and I do see the ghosting issue being reported, but it isn't severe (at least for me). It was most noticeable in clouds in 'Avatar' when Jake is flying his Leonopteryx in Pandora.
(2015-07-21, 01:06)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Woo-hoo! Got 3D ISO's working great on latest Kodi 16 build. Not sure what the issue was with the stock/official Kodi 15 OpenELEC I was using was. In any case, added popcornmix's overclock settings and tested 'Avatar' 3D MVC MKV extensively, and also '300: Rise of an Empire' some and both played perfectly w/o any skipped frames. With former, I was seeing bitrates from 30+ to 60+ Mbps at various points.

Also tested above as ISO's on HiMedia Q5 with latest firmware and I do see the ghosting issue being reported, but it isn't severe (at least for me). It was most noticeable in clouds in 'Avatar' when Jake is flying his Leonopteryx in Pandora.

Do you mean,you got 3D ISO working on the RPi2?
Sorry, my error. MVC MKV's working well on RPi2... LPCM 7.1 (TrueHD and DTS-MA decoded) and proper 23.976, with stutter-free playback. Re: ISO support, still waiting; no idea of status.
Maybe on RPi3 BitStream Audio and 3D ISO will work.Smile
I'm considering saving my ISO's on a couple of hard drives (as I don't want to re-rip all those discs), but convert them to MVC MKV's for now for RPi2. That way, I can use RPi2 for everything, and not rely on Chromebox as I do now for all 2D and HiMedia Q5 for just 3D. It would simplify things. And, when RPi2 does add ISO support (maybe popcornmix can give us a status update), I'd go back to my saved ISO's.

Re: HD audio, I have no plans to move to ATMOS or DTS:X from my present 7.1 setup, so as RPi2 does 7.1 LPCM, I'm fine with it doing the HD audio decoding vs. my AVR. I don't need to see the TrueHD and DTS-MA logos light up on my AVR.
none of the charts show the strengths/weaknesses of the SHIELD....how does it rate against the rest. I have a very difficult time believing that this device is outperformed by those other boxes in any regard. I can maybe see the audio being an issue for maybe only the most discerning but thats all...who has the box.....there has to be a bottom line here.
Shield does not do 3D nor HD audio unfortunately.
Just found this thread. Does Isengard support playing 3D ISO?
(2015-08-05, 23:21)patseguin Wrote: [ -> ]Just found this thread. Does Isengard support playing 3D ISO?
No